www.textiledoll.com

My Jewel diary- a running review and blog for my Textile BBW

Classic European full-sized fabric dolls. Flexible strong skeleton. All dolls are handmade in the art studio. Unique design and great features for sex and games.
Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: My Jewel diary- a running review and blog for my Textile

Post by Diaval »

Mr Franz wrote:
Diaval wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:
Diaval wrote:If that is the case, I probably would be better of with a Teddy Babe as they are cheaper and will cost me only $35 to ship to my home! ...
Really, where to? According to their website, they charge a flat $110 S&H within the US! One of the reasons I haven't ordered a TB yet. That and I'm still discussing possible mods with Rob at VG.
I received that shipping figure because I am in NY and Teddy Babes ship from PA. I would assume that shipping to a rural area out west could reach $110.
Wait, you mean TB actually quoted you $35 S&H? I'm less than 150 miles from Philly and when I punch in my zip on their order page, it says $110 and I did read on another thread that's their flat rate fee for S&H within the US. Pretty high for the size and weight of the package IMO, but $35 I could live with!
SNH.jpg
I'm

That is what David at TB quoted me. Given your distance is close too, why don't you shoot him a line and see what he will do. That is the only way to know for sure.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

svevo wrote:
Diaval wrote:Hello Mr. Privatetai,

I was speaking with another fellow in private messages. He bought a Textile Doll that Yuri had on sale, so he didn't have the construction wait time, just the shipping time. When the doll arrived he told me that the doll had a wire skeleton. Was that the case with your Jewel? I was under the impression that the skeleton was jointed like the Dagmar, but just a better quality. But this fellow told me that his Textile Doll clearly has a wire frame skeleton like a Teddy Babe. Is that the case with your doll?
Hi Diaval - I believe Yuri offers a minimal skeleton option for those that prefer it that way. It is possible that it was a doll with this option that the person you are messaging bought.

Also there are quite a number of threads here with Textile dolls posed standing, sitting etc, including my own Textile doll Emma. You could take a look through them to get more of an idea of what is possible in that regard.
Here are a couple of links to threads of my doll Emma, that include some pictures of her in various poses https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 26&t=79751 and
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 6&t=111173

Hello Svevo,

My apologies as I have not noticed this post at first. I had taken a look at your Emma, and she looks pretty darn good. Nice showing pictures of her standing and also in heels.

Questions: Does she have a wire (hinge) skeleton? I was speaking with another fellow that has a TD (not Privatetai), and he says from what he could feel, the joints are wire and not actual hinges. But the 'bones' themselves feel like sturdy poles. Privatetai told me the fingers feel like actual digits and they are NOT wires. Like yourself, he has his Jewel for close to 2 years now and has not had an issue with the skeleton. However, both he and I have had issues with our Dagmar doll's skeleton. I am still considering a TD purchase, but just want some more info.

svevo

Post by svevo »

Diaval wrote: Hello Svevo,

My apologies as I have not noticed this post at first. I had taken a look at your Emma, and she looks pretty darn good. Nice showing pictures of her standing and also in heels.

Questions: Does she have a wire (hinge) skeleton? I was speaking with another fellow that has a TD (not Privatetai), and he says from what he could feel, the joints are wire and not actual hinges. But the 'bones' themselves feel like sturdy poles. Privatetai told me the fingers feel like actual digits and they are NOT wires. Like yourself, he has his Jewel for close to 2 years now and has not had an issue with the skeleton. However, both he and I have had issues with our Dagmar doll's skeleton. I am still considering a TD purchase, but just want some more info.

No problem Diaval. Emma thanks you for the compliment. :)

On the subject of the hinge construction I couldn't be sure 100% either way. It is most likely a mix of wire and hinges. I have a an Irontech tpe doll too and the range of movements overall is similar. Certainly the tpe doll limbs can be positioned more precisely at the moment (she is 7 months old). Emmas limbs tend to want to spring back a bit from any movement. Whilst I could raise her arm towards the horizontal from the shoulder, it wouldn't have ever stayed there. So it is not quite the same as a tight tpe doll skeleton.
I remember a thread/posts here on TDF a few years ago from someone who had dismantled their TD and there were some skeleton pictures in it. Unfortunately I can't find the thread now. I remember seeing quite a lot of zip ties and it did look very homemade. However that is not so surprising, given the handmade nature of TD.

More detailed examination:
When I squeeze the elbows and knees I can feel something that feels like a hinge. I'd never really thought of it containing a wire, but possibly it might. You can rotate her lower arms forward of the elbow joint though. I try to avoid doing it as I'm not sure if it should do that and it twists the skin layer, but it tends to happen when I realign her skin layer. The fact it does that doesn't seem consistent with a wire running the length of the arm. The neck joint does feel and behave like a thick wire and I've read a post about the back joint on here from Yuri, where he said 'it can be bent like a human back', so I'd guess that it must be a wire to do that. I must say I've not posed Emmas back really to test it, but she has had plenty of neck movement to change clothes and there has been no noticeable deterioration of it. The fingers on her are definitely wires attached to some kind of hand plate. I would say the wrist joint is wire. Again, I don't pose the wrist and fingers too much, but they have been and continue to feel robust. When I move the ankle joint that does also feel like a stiff wire joint.

It is possible also that the design of the skeleton has evolved over the years and that accounts for the variations in peoples experience.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

svevo wrote:

No problem Diaval. Emma thanks you for the compliment. :)

On the subject of the hinge construction I couldn't be sure 100% either way. It is most likely a mix of wire and hinges. I have a an Irontech tpe doll too and the range of movements overall is similar. Certainly the tpe doll limbs can be positioned more precisely at the moment (she is 7 months old). Emmas limbs tend to want to spring back a bit from any movement. Whilst I could raise her arm towards the horizontal from the shoulder, it wouldn't have ever stayed there. So it is not quite the same as a tight tpe doll skeleton.
I remember a thread/posts here on TDF a few years ago from someone who had dismantled their TD and there were some skeleton pictures in it. Unfortunately I can't find the thread now. I remember seeing quite a lot of zip ties and it did look very homemade. However that is not so surprising, given the handmade nature of TD.
Finding those pics would be nice.
More detailed examination:
When I squeeze the elbows and knees I can feel something that feels like a hinge. I'd never really thought of it containing a wire, but possibly it might. You can rotate her lower arms forward of the elbow joint though. I try to avoid doing it as I'm not sure if it should do that and it twists the skin layer, but it tends to happen when I realign her skin layer. The fact it does that doesn't seem consistent with a wire running the length of the arm.
From what I been reading, it seems as if it is a combination of rods and wires. But if you are feeling a hinge, then perhaps a wire is used for the positioning force. I do recall Yuri (at TD) mentioning the skeleton comes either in a tight or loose joint format. So I am guessing the 'tight' models probably have a wire in the hinge. Also I could see running a wire down the length of a tub to create the wrist's twisting action. This could be a very cleaver way to get around what is considered a high wear point on a skeleton. I know DS-Dolls uses a very elaborate multi-stacked washer set up for their joints and that seems to make their skeletons last a while. Using wires is certainly cheaper and from what I gather, the Textile Doll skeleton seems to be well built as well. Given how long Privatetai had his Jewel and how long you had your doll and still not skeleton problems is a major thumbs up for TD.
The neck joint does feel and behave like a thick wire and I've read a post about the back joint on here from Yuri, where he said 'it can be bent like a human back', so I'd guess that it must be a wire to do that. I must say I've not posed Emmas back really to test it, but she has had plenty of neck movement to change clothes and there has been no noticeable deterioration of it. The fingers on her are definitely wires attached to some kind of hand plate. I would say the wrist joint is wire. Again, I don't pose the wrist and fingers too much, but they have been and continue to feel robust. When I move the ankle joint that does also feel like a stiff wire joint.
I was under the impression the hands were jointed. It could have been something they changed given that you had your doll earlier. Regardless, I have learned early on from other Doll Owners, typically TPE dolls, that the wires are somewhat fragile and can poke through the skin. My Dagmar doll hasn't had this problem, although it clearly has wires in the fingers. They are not known for breaking, but I just ebbed on the side of safety and really tried not to position the fingers that much. One nice thing about the Dagmar doll is the shape of the hand and it does feel good to hold the doll's hand. I am not sure how the TD doll is in this aspect.
It is possible also that the design of the skeleton has evolved over the years and that accounts for the variations in peoples experience.
Yes, looking at some pictures on line, the hands look more articulate as if the whole hand might have digits. But unless the whole hand was plastic, I don't see how that could be something that is done affordably.

Thank you for the info.

D

privatetai
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by privatetai »

I find that holding hands with Jewel is, a bit better experience than Dagmar for me cause the hands actually have nails and thus feel more realistic.
>>
Meet my girls:

Naudia: WM168-G cup BBW:
https://tinyurl.com/yxuedyac

Stephanie: Pipedreams Ultimate Fantasy Kitty:
https://tinyurl.com/yykyfv84

Hope: Starpery BBW Big Amy:
https://tinyurl.com/st95yuxj

Jewel: BBW Textile Doll:
https://tinyurl.com/y2pw6rf5

Cammy: Dagmar doll from Beautiful Dolls:
https://tinyurl.com/y2xqvhdn

Sarah: Pipedreams Ultimate Fantasy Mia doll:
https://tinyurl.com/y4dyv8nx

Oceania: Valentina Girls Palomina BBW doll:
https://tinyurl.com/y5yzvb3b

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

privatetai wrote:I find that holding hands with Jewel is, a bit better experience than Dagmar for me cause the hands actually have nails and thus feel more realistic.
Hello again! Yes, I think I remember you saying that once before. But I wanted to ask you. Do you feel wires in the fingers are are they actual digits? Given how they show the hands on the TD site, I was under the impression that they were digits. Yet, when I asked Svevo about his Textile Doll, he said he can feel wires in the fingers. Now, his doll, Emma, is much older than your Jewel. His doll is 3.5 years old. He said the joints still are good, no failures. He added that they might have loosened up a bit over time, but there are no failures. Goes to show how much better a skeleton the TD doll has.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Diaval wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:There was a photo of the Textile skeleton on here someplace, but damed if I can find it now. As I remember, the skeleton was mostly composed of straight tubes and pretty stout romex cable bound and taped together. Can't remember if there were any actual hinged joints though.
If you can find that photo, that would be great, I would like to see it. So it seems that it has plastic tubes like the Dagmar doll, but instead of a metal / plastic hinge it is using Romex wire? That is interesting. A heavy gauge would certainly be strong enough, but after many years of use, I could see that breaking. BUT then again, I also see it is a very easy repair.

Diaval
Still can't find that TD skeleton pic, but I did find a thread showing the Dagmar skelly. Appears to be vinyl coated thin-wall steel. Kinda like a lawn chair....

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=95439&start=15

privatetai
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by privatetai »

The fingers/hands are definitely same type of construction as Dagmar's- I would guess it's a lot of wires braided into cables. It's definitely way way tougher than hands on those TPE dolls, but no, I'd not say they were actual digits.
>>
Meet my girls:

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

privatetai wrote:The fingers/hands are definitely same type of construction as Dagmar's- I would guess it's a lot of wires braided into cables. It's definitely way way tougher than hands on those TPE dolls, but no, I'd not say they were actual digits.
Ok, that is consistent then. Now that has me wondering where I saw it that they had digits in the fingers? Probably on the site.

Well, thankfully, I have not heard any issue with the fingers on the Textile Doll or the Dagmar for that matter. ....Hmmm, maybe a while back I might have read something about a fellow breaking a finger on a Dagmar, but that's probably an isolated case.

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Mr Franz wrote:
Diaval wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:There was a photo of the Textile skeleton on here someplace, but damed if I can find it now. As I remember, the skeleton was mostly composed of straight tubes and pretty stout romex cable bound and taped together. Can't remember if there were any actual hinged joints though.
If you can find that photo, that would be great, I would like to see it. So it seems that it has plastic tubes like the Dagmar doll, but instead of a metal / plastic hinge it is using Romex wire? That is interesting. A heavy gauge would certainly be strong enough, but after many years of use, I could see that breaking. BUT then again, I also see it is a very easy repair.

Diaval
Still can't find that TD skeleton pic, but I did find a thread showing the Dagmar skelly. Appears to be vinyl coated thin-wall steel. Kinda like a lawn chair....

That seems to be for the 130cm doll, which is a different skeleton. I had seen pictures of a Dagmar joint and it had PVC pipes in it. At any rate, there is quite a bit of information there regarding fabric dolls in general, so that would be good reading. I will check that out in more detail later.

I don't know why the 130cm doll has a different skeleton, perhaps it could be that those tubular pipes get weaker the longer they get. PVC is definitely stronger. But I guess for a smaller doll they can get away with a frame like that. It looks to be that some of the joints are made better, but other joints I can see to be a constant problem with loosening up.

Anyway, I will read through it in detail later on.

Thanks!
D

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Diaval wrote:
Mr Franz wrote:
Diaval wrote:

Diaval

That seems to be for the 130cm doll, which is a different skeleton. I had seen pictures of a Dagmar joint and it had PVC pipes in it. At any rate, there is quite a bit of information there regarding fabric dolls in general, so that would be good reading. I will check that out in more detail later.

I don't know why the 130cm doll has a different skeleton, perhaps it could be that those tubular pipes get weaker the longer they get. PVC is definitely stronger. But I guess for a smaller doll they can get away with a frame like that. It looks to be that some of the joints are made better, but other joints I can see to be a constant problem with loosening up.

Anyway, I will read through it in detail later on.

Thanks!
D
Ah, you're right. I missed that part about it being a 130mm. :oops:

Anyway, I'm curious about the TD skeleton now. Just made a thread to see if anyone has a pic:

viewtopic.php?f=226&t=130668

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Mr Franz wrote: Ah, you're right. I missed that part about it being a 130mm. :oops:
Well, through that, I learned something new. They changed the skeleton for the larger Happy Dolls. So it has me wondering if this 'lawn chair' skeleton might be superior. Given how the ends are flattened on the metal parts of the 130cm skeleton, I think they tried to copy that with the PVC pipe. However, with the 130cm doll, the hinge is metal on metal, so that is better than metal on plastic. So that there tells much of the story in that they probably tried to make a PVC version of the metal skeleton used on the 130cm doll in the hopes of it being stronger and more robust. While overall that might be true, the plastic on metal hinges just caused early failure of those hinges.
Anyway, I'm curious about the TD skeleton now. Just made a thread to see if anyone has a pic:

viewtopic.php?f=226&t=130668
Cool! Hopefully someone answers that soon.

D

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

Hello Privatetai, my friend.

Guess what I just bought today?

Just a wild guess will do....

A just bought a Textile Doll! It was one for sale here:

viewtopic.php?f=128&t=130596&e=0

I know you are thinking that was sudden well as it turned out, I have been in touch with the seller for a while now in private messages. He has a Dagmar in which the hip joint not only became loose, but totally broke. While he attempted to fix it...the other hip went out too. So we got to talking about Textile Dolls and he seemed very interested in one. So during one of the recent hiatus' he ended up buying a doll that was already made up from Yuri. Here is the original post:

viewtopic.php?f=122&t=129699&hilit=textile+linda

So he buys the doll, finds out that it is not to his liking and two days later he puts it back up for sale. So now I am getting my gears turning that instead of ordering just a custom body from Yuri and having to spend over $800. Here I could get a whole doll for $600. Well, I worked out even a better deal with the seller as he understood my situation that I wasn't working right now and he really wanted to move the doll. (He had since sold off his Dagmar, so he will not have a doll now). Even with the new deal I was on the fence for a while as I wasn't really ready to buy another doll. But the way I mulled over it in my mind, I know that the skeleton is better on the Textile Doll. Even though I liked the butt and legs on the Textile doll, I still like the Dagmar doll more overall. However, my big worry was that the legs on Eryka would give out. So this Textile Doll with a nice price tag on it presented a solution. With a WHOLE doll, and not just a body, that would free up Eryka in the event I wanted to repair her, right? That was the main reasoning which I have told you about before. However, there is another bonus...Taking this a step further, if I use the Textile doll mainly for sex, that would take the burden of moving the leg joints off of Eryka from a standing position to her sex position. So that in mind, I could just leave her in a standing position. Thus, if I don't move her leg joints...they will not go bad! Then all I have to contend myself with is to repair her arms eventually. So all in all, this new purchase will have me delegating Eryka as mainly a fashion photography doll. Now this doesn't mean I will not use the new doll for fashion photography, as I will, but it is just that the Dagmar doll is better with poses and overall I just like Eryka's overall look.

Another deciding factor was another fellow I just met here Svevo, and his Textile Doll, Emma:

viewtopic.php?f=226&t=111173

I looked at the last set of photos with her in the dark, long, bell sleeve dress (the skirt stops mid thigh) and heels, I was like WOW! The legs on her are really nice! But overall, the "Linda" doll has similar legs and with what I said above and "Emma", I ended up going for it. I just completed the transaction moments ago.

I am now looking for a pair of high heel shoes on Ebay for her. Probably a 4" or 5" heel as that would put her around 5'9" tall. I had a girlfriend one time that was that tall and I liked that height on a girl. This is one of the things I could never do with Eryka, is to put her in heels. Seeing Emma in heels just got me going. With heels I can 'adjust' how high the new doll will be by just changing the shoes.

EDIT Do you happen to know the shoe size on a Textile Doll?

As for naming her...I am not sure. For now, I am just thinking of keeping the name Linda. That was my sister's name. She passed away in 2003. It was a popular name in the 50's through the 70's and I don't know why it fell out of favor in modern times. It has a nice sound to it. So I MIGHT end up keeping that name for her.

Oh, and another funny coincidence, "Linda's" hair style is the same as my sister's, but my sister had brown hair. However, you know already how I feel about long hair wigs. Since Eryka has 5 short hair wigs, I am sure she wouldn't mind giving up one or two for "Linda".

So...now I will be a Textile Doll owner as well! Just WAIT until I tell Yuri this. I think he is going to laugh!

Anyway, how are things going with you? I know you received your Valentina Girl and I will respond to your review on that. I also remember you have another doll on the way as well. Did you receiver her yet?

Anyway, I am sure to create a new post and review for "Linda" when she arrives. Of course I will keep you up to date what is going on as well.

So that is the news with me. I have to laugh that I am getting a second doll and I don't even have a proper closet for the first doll! But, I got a good deal on her and I knew I could NEVER get a new one for that price. The guy I bought her from said he didn't have sex with her and her insert and female condom is still sealed in the packaging. So she still is essentially new.

Well, I have to run now. As I am writing this, the seller informed me that he has the doll already packed up and it will be picked up later on today. So it should arrive by the end of the week. But I have a tracking number already so I can follow it's progress.

Talk to you soon!

D

privatetai
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by privatetai »

Congrat for getting a good deal on a Textile! And yeah, Linda's a nice name, although if it's the name of your sister...might be a bit weird during sex...or extra hot depending on your kink! lol

No news about my WM doll from Sex Doll Canada yet, although they did tell me that it'll take a long time for her to get here cause of how lousy shipping is during the pandemic.
>>
Meet my girls:

Diaval
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Diaval »

privatetai wrote:Congrat for getting a good deal on a Textile! And yeah, Linda's a nice name, although if it's the name of your sister...might be a bit weird during sex...or extra hot depending on your kink! lol
Thank you. Well, it depends on the Linda. Also I am thinking of switching the spelling to Lynda. Then there would be no question about weirdness for there is a real life Lynda that has that spelling and she is awesome! In fact she none other than the original Wonder Woman, Lynda Carter. Ms Carter was known for her long dark hair, stunningly beautiful face and her very curvaceous body. Since you cannot see Lynda, here are her body dimensions:

Lynda Carter Body Measurements
Height 175 cm
Bra Size 34C
Cup size C
Shoe size 9 (US)
Body measurements 37-25-36

36-24-36 is considered the textbook perfect female hourglass shape for a woman of that height. So she is only off by an inch in the bust and waist. Without a doubt she's a "Perfect 10" woman.

Granted there is no way I would compare Textile Doll Linda to Lynda Carter, but her body dimensions are pretty close at 37-26-38.5. In fact if you note those dimensions, her waist and hips are the same and thus she will fit into Eryka's bottoms and most of her other stretchy clothing. However, she's a D cup though and 2" wider in the top and that is going to present some issues. However, since my (current) intention is to keep both dolls, it is somewhat irrelevant. It is just that if I get new clothing, I will try to get something that will fit both ladies, but if not, I will favor Linda...or Lynda.

I actually like Lynda more since I did the same thing with Eryka. So yeah, I think the name "Linda" is going to stick, but spelled as Lynda.
No news about my WM doll from Sex Doll Canada yet, although they did tell me that it'll take a long time for her to get here cause of how lousy shipping is during the pandemic.
Hmmmph! That sucks big time. Do you have any status? Is she on the way? Did she ship yet? Was she even built yet?

That was the thing I hated the most, was the wait time. At least I don't have to wait too long since the doll is already here in the US.

Oh! I asked in my prior post and was curious about the Textile Doll's shoe size. Naturally I want to get a pair of heels for her right away!

D

INFORMATIONS