It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Forum Rules,TOS and Privacy Policy | By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with our Rules Of Conduct, Terms Of Use and Privacy Policy.

Additional Forum Rules,TOS and Privacy Policy

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 11 of 17 [ 244 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next

Post subject: Re: All about Eve
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:07 pm 

Jimbofod wrote:
Beautiful work as always

I appreciate that, Jimbo. Thanks!

hollows+fentiman wrote:
Lovely, just lovely!

Cheers, Hollows! Glad you stopped by.

LoneRanger wrote:
You have a great talent in your poses and how you dress Eve!! I love it..

What the heck is that thing you found on your counter?? And were can I get one!!

:haha4:

I'm flattered, Lone. Thank you very much.

It's a 3D printed artist's mannikin. It was a crowd sourced project. Actually, when I saw this image of the creator with his army of figures, I thought of you:

Some quick & dirties

Brrr... It's chilly today. I spent the morning taking care of the girls. I gave them a nice bath and dressed them in cozy sweater dresses. Maybe I can convince Eve to bake more snow cookies (I even set aside some egg whites for the task).

This afternoon, we're playing a silly game of "not really hide & seek." Eve & Ada run off to separate rooms in the house. I chase after them and try to capture a photo before they scamper off to pose somewhere else.

It's teaching me to frame my images quickly and hone my snap focusing technique. It's also been a great opportunity to practice compensating for sub optimal lighting conditions. Oh, and it's a lot of fun!

Attachment:
eve white solo 2.jpg
eve white solo 2.jpg [ 296.52 KiB | Viewed 774 times ]

Attachment:
ada white solo.jpg
ada white solo.jpg [ 197.93 KiB | Viewed 801 times ]

Since both girls are dressed up today, I'm going to try and get them to pose together....

Eve: left, Ada: right [Doll Sweet DS Mini]

Harumi [Doll Sweet EVO 145]

zedoh6
Eve, Ada, and Harumi's Photo Thread
Mannequins Photo Thread
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:31 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Both lovely photos as usual but that one of Ada is wonderful! They way she’s looking at the camera is fantastic! Well done!

Rosheen, WM 156cm B Cup with #137 head
DS100 minis Yi nu de and Yong
Phicen ladies Kaia, Fia, Claudette and Haley.
Phicen men Chris.
And 14, no, 16 “Stay still you lot” little ones...I think it’s 16....Oh, and I have a China Girl!
Oh heck! I think the little ones are breeding as there’s definitely more than 16 now and a few more Phicens have arrived to join the party!
 Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:37 pm 
Doll God
Doll God

You are a Master.

Utterly inspiring shots.

Where can one find other wigs for Eve? And finding clothes for her is genius.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book is now available from https://www.the-doll-house.com/literature-chloe-by-haremlover.html and Cloud Climax
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Here's Chloé and Yolanda in CoverDoll in the doll-friendly South of France
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Increasingly a reviewer of dolls and adviser to manufacturers, encouraging all to highest quality.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:07 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Gorgeous beautiful photos Zedoh! So well posed and framed ... delightful! I noticed Eve's eyes have been "posed" a few times ... I had no idea the eyes were movable in these lil beauties! Where do you find such well fitting and charming outfits for your ladies?
Cheers!
Von

Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:06 am 

hollows+fentiman wrote:
Both lovely photos as usual but that one of Ada is wonderful! They way she’s looking at the camera is fantastic! Well done!

Heh heh, Ada would be tickled to hear that!

We have built up a lot of trust over the past couple sessions. I think that is translating into better and better photos.

haremlover wrote:
You are a Master.

Utterly inspiring shots.

Where can one find other wigs for Eve? And finding clothes for her is genius.

Best wishes

Harem

Thank you for the wonderful compliments, Harem.

An ebay search for "14-15 doll wig" should yield a pleasing assortment of hairstyles that will fit a DS-mini.

Attachment:
eve purp pray.jpg
eve purp pray.jpg [ 176.85 KiB | Viewed 758 times ]

von_Shredhead wrote:
Gorgeous beautiful photos Zedoh! So well posed and framed ... delightful! I noticed Eve's eyes have been "posed" a few times ... I had no idea the eyes were movable in these lil beauties! Where do you find such well fitting and charming outfits for your ladies?
Cheers!
Von

Such thoughtful and kind words... Thank you very much, Von!

DS-mini's don't have posable eyes. In fact, fiddling around with the eye too much is a really good way to tear the socket or rip off eyelashes.

I have been working very carefully with Eve to develop this "talent." Not all DS-mini's can do this, and if it's possible, that doll runs a higher overall risk of being damaged.

Ada cannot do this. For the longest time, she felt inferior to her sister. I've been working with Ada to develop her own eye trick that Eve cannot do.

Now, she can't wait for her next photo session with Eve. (^,^)

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:16 am 

Fashion confessions

The girls have received a lot of lovely compliments on their clothes. I wish I could reveal a special trick behind the fashions, but there aren't any.

Once in a while, I'll visit the local thrift store.

I like to take my time and search for nice clothing. It is important to me to find comfortable, well made outfits for the girls. Choosing clothes by hand rather than online also gives me a better sense of how an outfit will sit on the body. It's also easier to judge quality (material, seams, color fast).

I want Eve & Ada to feel like they're wearing a warm hug!

One of the nice things about children's clothes is that they often possess features that are helpful for dolls. Good dresses feature additional ties inside the dress to keep the outfit from slipping off of an active, playing child. These can help shape the dress and create more attractive contours.

I love this dress because it features very flattering contouring options:

This dress features additional shoulder straps which I use to cinch the bust:

Last of the winter cookies

It is supposed to get warm today and HOT tomorrow! It's as if we bypassed spring and went straight to summer here!

Ugh, then it's supposed to drop back to winter temps and piss rain in time for the weekend.

~groan... I don't think I'll see my wildflowers this year. (; , ;)

I suspect Eve has plans to cheer me up. I was gathering my breakfast ingredients this morning and noticed that 2 sticks of butter have magically appeared next to the egg whites I set aside.

*snow cookies snow cookies snow cookies!!!* (^,^)

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:18 pm 

Super Turbo Puzzle Photo Fighter: Championship Edition!!!

Today, I thought I'd share the thought process behind two of my recent images.

Photography is a lot like mastering a sport or musical instrument. You need to practice so that you can rely on muscle memory for the basic mechanics. The less you have to think about your camera, the more you can focus on creating a beautiful image. I dedicate time to practicing my camera work, just like I would for playing piano.

I have enlisted the girls' help in improving my camera efficiency and photographic eye.

Yesterday, the girls honed my efficiency. Today, they each posed a compositional challenge for me to overcome.

Challenge #1: Hot hot hot!

First up was Ada.

She selected a room with a lot of direct sunlight. Yikes, so many hot spots!

Ada noticed my apprehension and smiled playfully.

I strategically chose an angle that allowed the furniture to block / diffuse the direct light.

Next, I had Ada lean forward to help create some defining shadows and eliminate the glare on her skin.

I posed her with the grain of the flooring oriented in a diagonal line to create visual interest. There wasn't enough definition around Ada's face, so we unbuttoned her turtleneck to create a nice neckline and brushed her hair outwards to help draw interest towards her face and neck.

*click*

When I opened the image in my processing software, I noticed that the sunlight was making the room look too warm (the white of her sweater was yellow). This can be fine for certain pictures, but I wanted to suggest that it was cold outside (it was actually HOT).

I introduced some blue into the highlights, which gave Ada's sweater a more snowy white hue. It also made the highlights on her skin cooler, suggesting that the light from outside was wintry. I further enhanced this effect by adding a little green to her skin suggest blood flow around the hands. Perfect!

Finally, I pulled back the color intensity of the wood flooring so it didn't overpower Ada's delicate skin.

Here is the result:
Attachment:
ada white wood.jpg
ada white wood.jpg [ 212.05 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]

Challenge #2: So white and the seven drawers

Not to be outdone by Ada, Eve set up a very difficult challenge.

She sat on the balcony ledge, which created a bad backlighting situation.

Eve was wearing white, while sitting on a white wall, against a white background, with bright light streaming in behind her.

Ugh.

If that weren't enough, there is junk on the kitchen table, dishes in the sink, and a step ladder I was using the other day to replace a light fixture, all cluttering up the background.

Geez, girl... You're not making this easy.

Eve chuckled maniacally. Imagine a Bond villain on helium. It sent a chill down my spine.

Her eyes quickly softened. Eve gave me a sweet smile of encouragement.

*Deep breath* OK, Let's tackle this mess one step at a time:

Backlighting. I can angle the shades to eliminate the direct light going straight into my camera lens. That should also create some nice vertical lines on the right side of the image. Next, I can angle the shades in the other room to get some light on Eve'e front side.

Nuts, it's still too dark around the face. I'll take a desk lamp and bounce some light off the kitchen wall. Hmm, it's still too dark. I'm going to have to try something unorthodox...

Too much white. Ack! White outfit, white wall, white background... The only colorful elements appear to be all this junk laying about! OK, we can do something with this. Let's treat this as a black and white image. I need shadows to create contrast. Let's play with the shades a bit more until I can get some nice shadows in the room. I won't worry too much about Eve's face for now. I'll focus on getting the details of her sweater.

OK, I said earlier I'll have to break the rules a little bit here to get this image to work. Normally, you don't want your subject's head backlit and in shadow if you're trying to feature the face, but that's exactly what I'm going to do. I'll set my exposure compensation to be one f-stop brighter. As long as I can get some shimmer in the eyes and a bit of highlight definition around the nose I should be able to get away with having Eve's face mostly in shadow.

Cluttered room. There are too many extraneous bits strewn around the kitchen. And none of it's white! It all stands out and distracts from the image. I've got to get all this junk out of the photo. Maybe I can zoom in really close to Eve— make this a head shot. No, it's too dull without the beautiful shadows around the room. Wait, I can use the balcony wall to block everything! I just need to change my angle so I'm shooting up towards Eve. That should hide the kitchen table and the sink. I'll pan right a bit so I crop out the step ladder.

Hey, this is starting to look good! Wait, now that I've blocked out all that junk, This image is practically black and white except for the Eve's skin and hair. And her hair color matches the brown of the balcony trim. This is a beautiful limited palette... I can work with this. How can I simplify this further? I'll shift my camera angle so Eve's body is blocking the junk sticking up from the table. Darn, now there's a huge lighting recess competing with Eve's face. Let me shift my camera some more so Eve's head is blocking the view of the lighting recess. Nice, it looks cleaner... but now my composition looks a bit chaotic. How can I create visual stability within my photo? Maybe I can angle the shot so the balcony ledge forms a stabilizing horizontal line across the image. Wow, that looks great! OK, last thing... Let's fine tune the composition so the background shadows are lined up to frame Eve.

*click*

Whew, most of the hard work was done during the shoot. Let's lighten the shadow detail so Eve's face and beautiful eyes grab you (you probably won't even notice that her face is mostly in shadow unless I told you. Oops, I just told you). Let's balance the contrast so there are shadows that create interest while bringing your eyes back to Eve's figure. Finally, I'll desaturate my palette to emphasize Eve's skin, her hair and the railing.

The finished image:
Attachment:
eve white ledge.jpg
eve white ledge.jpg [ 207.07 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]

I showed the portraits to the girls. Their eyes lit up. Ada & Eve enveloped me in a warm, energetic group hug. It felt wonderful.

Now it was "bonus time!"

What's "bonus time?"

Ada & Eve said they would pose together for me. No tricky set ups... I could focus on whatever I wanted.

That sounds lovely! Let's do it!

*click*

Attachment:
smolder sisters white.jpg
smolder sisters white.jpg [ 460.69 KiB | Viewed 689 times ]

XXOO Thank you for a wonderful afternoon, girls!

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:27 pm 

Somehow the quality of your pictures gets better and better. We're truly lucky you share them with us.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:19 am 

DollOgler wrote:
Somehow the quality of your pictures gets better and better. We're truly lucky you share them with us.

+1

Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:58 am 

DollOgler wrote:

Thank you, that's nice to hear. I'm glad you enjoy our photos!

mi6c wrote:
DollOgler wrote:

+1

ditto! (^.^)

A Study in Scarlet

Ada looks exquisite in red.
Attachment:
Ada red sat.jpg
Ada red sat.jpg [ 261.39 KiB | Viewed 565 times ]

Attachment:
ada red desat.jpg
ada red desat.jpg [ 213.85 KiB | Viewed 567 times ]

Attachment:
Ada red rich.jpg
Ada red rich.jpg [ 207.23 KiB | Viewed 567 times ]

Attachment:
Ada red duo.jpg
Ada red duo.jpg [ 348.76 KiB | Viewed 567 times ]

Attachment:
ada red waif.jpg
ada red waif.jpg [ 197.8 KiB | Viewed 567 times ]

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:51 pm 
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

I don’t know what to say more about your photos.
So finely worked, light, pause, clothes... all is an amazing cocktail for my eyes.
We are so lucky that you share your work of art.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:19 pm 

homanoidus wrote:
I don’t know what to say more about your photos.
So finely worked, light, pause, clothes... all is an amazing cocktail for my eyes.
We are so lucky that you share your work of art.

Merci, Hom.

Compliments are sweet, but please do not think them necessary to leave a comment.

I am happy that you find enjoyment in my images and that it entices you to come back to visit us.

(^,^)

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:30 pm 

Cheese!

Sometimes we just need a smile.

Attachment:
sisters goof.jpg
sisters goof.jpg [ 421.78 KiB | Viewed 455 times ]

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:22 pm 

I discovered one of my older posts has a dead image link, so I am reposting.

Here is a blast from the past:

February 12, 2018

"You light up my life"

I have become a sun worshipper!

As I go through my day, I am constantly studying the sunlight and its effect on surfaces. If I find a particularly beautiful shadow, I make a mental note as to the time of day and the cloud coverage.

While sipping my coffee this morning, I became fixated on a beautiful latticework-patterned shadow cast faintly against the pantry doors in the kitchen. I almost burned my breakfast because I was so fascinated by the subtle colors and textures of a shadow I wouldn't have paid any attention to a week ago!

I am thankful for this newfound appreciation and find that it drives my creativity.

Preparation for a Pinup

In the morning, Eve washes her face and applies her makeup:

She asks me to take a portrait shot so she can see how she looks on camera:

I ask her to pose by the window so I can get a full body shot with the light streaming behind her:

Attachment:
Eve balcony hello.jpg
Eve balcony hello.jpg [ 133.58 KiB | Viewed 398 times ]

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:32 am 

zedoh6 wrote:
Cheese!

Sometimes we just need a smile.

Attachment:
sisters goof.jpg

Sure made me smile, thanks so much, it's hard to bring across in words, but it does mean a lot to me.
All the best.

Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

Page 11 of 17 [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 17  Next