It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 9:11 pm

By visiting this website and viewing the pages within, you accept and agree to be bound by and comply with the Rules Of Conduct and Terms Of Use of this website.

Official TDF Rules & TOS

Please click on either selection to view: Rules Of Conduct | Terms Of Use

Page 14 of 15 [ 217 posts ]  
Search for:
Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post subject: Re: Zedoh6’s Photo Thread: Eve & Ada (DS Mini), Harumi (EVO
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 10:11 am 

This is the most realistic image ive seen on TDF... ever!

Attachment:
Harumi Red 1.jpg
Harumi Red 1.jpg [ 456.28 KiB | Viewed 550 times ]

Cant tell you how much im looking forward to seeing more from you and your ladies. Well done sir!

Profile Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 11:00 am 
Doll
Doll

Wow! Beyond magnificent photos! You've really captured her enchanting looks and soul.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 6:19 pm 
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

You have a real knack for capturing feminine beauty.
I always look forward to your posts.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 5:35 pm 

I appreciate all of you who have taken the time to leave a comment. Harumi is helping me respond today... She's on emoticon duty.

( ´ ▽ ` )b ~OK!

mi6c wrote:
Lovely :!: :D :thumbs_up:

Thanks! The girls did a fabulous job with Harumi's hair & wardrobe!

[Eve & Ada High Five!]

( ^-^)人(^-^ ) *clap!*

hollows+fentiman wrote:
Yep.....just lovely is all I can say too! Well done!

Cheers, Hollows.

Cheers!

[Eve & Ada Post High Five celebration!]

\(^0^)ノ ヾ(^ヮ^)ノ *woot woot!*

tongue-O-matic wrote:
Well hello zedoh6 :D Harumi is sweeter than a Vette!! lol

Love Love Love her, congrats man, she really is beautiful!! I'm really enjoying your photos and stories...Great job! :thumbs_up:

Vroom vroom, Tongue-O! ;p

Thank you for the warm welcome! We're happy to hear you enjoy our stories. Harumi doesn't really know anyone, so it's nice that you dropped by to say hello!

(*ˊᗜˋ*)/ᵗᑋᵃᐢᵏ ᵞᵒᵘ*

Pumpster wrote:
Now where is that jaw I just dropped...

Hi Pumpster!

Aww, thank you.

Harumi didn't quite understand the colloquialism. She thought your head had come loose like hers does sometimes.

She hopes you have little sisters that kindly pick up your loose parts and carry them back to your body like she does!

OK!~ (^^)b \(◕ ﺮ ◕)/ d(^^) ~OK!

WhataTimeToBeAlive wrote:
This is the most realistic image ive seen on TDF... ever!

Attachment:
Harumi Red 1.jpg

Cant tell you how much im looking forward to seeing more from you and your ladies. Well done sir!

Hello Alive,

That is a very sweet thing to say... (ꈍᴗꈍ)

Thank you very much.

I hope your doll research is going well. Maybe you'll be sharing your own stories soon!

キタ━━━ヽ(∀゚ )人(゚∀゚)人( ゚∀)ノ━━━!!

Rari wrote:
Wow! Beyond magnificent photos! You've really captured her enchanting looks and soul.

Hi there, Rari!

Thank you for the lovely compliment! It is very rewarding when someone sees the "sparkle" in the images.

Harumi is sad she can't see your avatar. She wants you to push some computer buttons so she can see you.

ヽ༼ಥ_ಥ༽ノ

lilbitlonely wrote:
You have a real knack for capturing feminine beauty.
I always look forward to your posts.

Hello lilbit,

I'm flattered that you enjoy our posts. It is nice to hear that you look forward to our stories.

٩( ᐛ )و

I better get dinner started. I guess we'll say bye for now...

[TEDDY BEAR DANCE PARTY!!!]

...wait, what?

[TEDDY BEAR DANCE PARTY!!! DANCE YOUR LOVE!!!]

\ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/ \ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ\ /ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/ ^(˶′◡‵˶)>

Ada: top, Eve: bottom [Doll Sweet DS Mini]

Harumi [Doll Sweet EVO 145]

zedoh6
Eve, Ada, and Harumi's Photo Thread
Mannequins Photo Thread
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:11 pm 

Sunshine on my shoulders

Yesterday, Harumi & I relaxed on the sofa and gazed at the setting sun. It brought a wash of brilliant pink clouds that blossomed to purple as the light faded behind the trees.

It was a beautiful, peaceful evening. (^,^)

Attachment:
harumi sunset beckon.jpg
harumi sunset beckon.jpg [ 361.85 KiB | Viewed 384 times ]

Colour my world

Harumi and I are enjoying our photo sessions together.

It has been challenging for us. Harumi is loose jointed and full size, so we're limited in where and how we can set up.

We decided to turn these limitations into a creative opportunity.

As an assignment, I decided to restrict shooting to a single room and roughly the same camera angle. This would force me to pay extra attention to natural lighting and color.

This color palette is inspired by an astronomical phenomenon— a solar eclipse. I employed a limited palette of rich, golden hues to represent the sun. Harumi's necklace is symbolic of planetary movement. Her hair and robe represent the shadow of the eclipse.

I originally planned on shooting this high contrast, but concluded that I didn't want to lose the tiny details of the robe. It is worn from age, full of little variations in color and texture. I controlled the exposure / depth of field in order to retain the rich character of the clothing.

Here, I took inspiration from pop culture. Eve & Ada provided Harumi's K-Pop inspired look. I used a science fiction reference as my color guide. Desaturating the background to steely gray colors, I wanted to evoke the iconic color palette of a certain robotic femme fatale. In keeping with the theme of that particular series, I made sure all the foreground shapes were curved (organic), while the background was sharp and geometric (artificial).

Attachment:
harumi sunset sat.jpg
harumi sunset sat.jpg [ 524.85 KiB | Viewed 384 times ]

I thought it would be nice to create a portrait that commemorated Harumi's first sunset.

For this latest image, I really pushed the colors. I wanted the lighting to be reminiscent of a cozy fire on a chilly evening.

Harumi represents the sunset, so it was important that her colors be rich and diverse. I made sure her skin was lit by both warm and cool light. Harumi posed so her arms would catch reflections from her clothing.

In order to extend the blue color behind Harumi's head, I angled the chair to catch the outside lighting.

I'm learning new ways to conceptualize and implement color. If it weren't for Harumi, I would not have challenged myself in this way.

Thank you, Harumi!

[Harumi typing]

(◠‿◠)b ~OK!

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 11:25 pm 
Doll
Doll

Lovely photos of Harumi!

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 1:23 am 

Rari wrote:
Lovely photos of Harumi!

Aye, lovely indeed. :D

Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:50 pm 

[Harumi typing]

(ꈍ ˬ ꈍ) ~blush

ありがとう, 皆さん!

(◕ ɜ ◕) ~kiss

Eve, the apple, and some cheesecake

This afternoon, Eve helped me make snacks for the girls— sour apples drizzled with peanut butter & chocolate sauce.

It was a yummy, gooey treat that left everyone with sticky fingers and happy tummies.

Eve was covered up to her elbows in peanut butter and chocolate. Although she insisted she could lick herself clean, Eve's expression quickly turned sour as she got a mouthful of lint and matted hair.

I took her upstairs for a sponge bath. Eve splashed in the tub while I gently washed her. Afterwards, I wrapped her in a fluffy towel.

While I dabbed her face, I asked Eve if she had any interesting ideas for a photo shoot.

She thought for a moment, then pointed to a scarf draped over the chair.

I handed it over.

Eve fashioned the scarf into an evening gown. Donning her black wig, Eve flashed me a flirty smile, then winked.

You look fantastic, Eve! I'm always amazed at how you can transform anything into a glamorous outfit.

She twirled, then shook her hips.

We both let out a huge laugh.

Perfect! Let's find a room with suitable lighting.

The sunlight was soft and flattering in the dining room, so Eve & I decided to shoot there.

She climbed onto the table and I grabbed a stool so I could get a better camera angle.

Eve struck several wonderful poses, but one in particular caught my eye. Her legs were beautifully lit and I loved how the light was reflecting off the white pantry doors and catching the right side of her body. I picked that image to work on.

I felt the color palette needed to match the special vibe Eve brought to the shoot. I decided to complement her cheeky pose with a color treatment reminiscent of classic pinup art.

Attachment:
eve table pinup.jpg
eve table pinup.jpg [ 554.74 KiB | Viewed 258 times ]

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 3:21 am 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

That.....is one hell of a beautiful photo!

Cheers, Hollows.

Rosheen, WM 156cm B Cup with #137 head
DS100 minis Yi nu de and Yong
Phicen ladies Kaia and Fia
And 14, no, 16 “Stay still you lot” little ones...I think it’s 16....Oh, and I have a China Girl!

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 8:07 am 
Doll
Doll

AWESOME! You really captured her here too. And, here's another thing you help Hollywu be mindful of and that's that you can do much more with less... meaning using the scarf and focusing on Eve vs. a ton of props.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:53 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

WOW!!! Hey Zedoh6 ... you have really put up some wonderful new pics since my last visit! Welcome to Harumi! You are becoming an outstanding photographer with your gals ... so very well posed and exposed ... great colors and settings ... BRAVO!!! Still loving all your little stories too ... adds so much to the thread!
Cheers!
Von

Heather's Thread - 4Woods Allure
Sativa's Thread - Virgin Rose Kelu
Naomi's Thread - 1AM WM125

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 2:59 pm 

hollows+fentiman wrote:
That.....is one hell of a beautiful photo!

Cheers, Hollows.

[Harumi typing]

Thanks you, Mr. Hollows!

Eve works hard in every photo for maximum beauty! ♪(・ω・)ノ

Rari wrote:
AWESOME! You really captured her here too. And, here's another thing you help Hollywu be mindful of and that's that you can do much more with less... meaning using the scarf and focusing on Eve vs. a ton of props.

[Harumi typing]

Welcome welcome Rari-san!

You are very kind.

Ah! I can see your picture!

Rari-san to Akiko-san, kawaii!

(*´ -`)(´- `*) ~waiiiiiiii

von_Shredhead wrote:
WOW!!! Hey Zedoh6 ... you have really put up some wonderful new pics since my last visit! Welcome to Harumi! You are becoming an outstanding photographer with your gals ... so very well posed and exposed ... great colors and settings ... BRAVO!!! Still loving all your little stories too ... adds so much to the thread!
Cheers!
Von

[Harumi typing]

Hello, Mr. Turtle!!!

Thank you for the nice support!

Your picture makes me smile!

[Aww, poor Harumi is trying to draw an ASCII turtle for you, but the forum text editor automatically deletes blank spaces, ruining her artwork. I'm attaching a screenshot of her ASCII doodle.]

Attachment:
turtle.png
turtle.png [ 10.45 KiB | Viewed 166 times ]

Coloring the gray

A really strong storm struck the state last night. We were all a little frightened because the wind was knocking branches about and hail was pelting the house like hundreds of little rocks.

The girls held a secret emergency meeting (they convened under a blanket with a flashlight). They decided to declare a baking emergency and mandated the immediate production of comforting treats to combat the gloomy storm.

Eve renamed her snow cookies "dandelion puffs" and began mixing the freshly inaugurated spring treat. She seems to have varied the recipe, promising a fluffier texture and ornate glaze topping.

I went about mixing dough for a fresh batch of bread, which Harumi has nicknamed "kitty loaf" because it reminds her of a square cartoon cat she saw in a video.

Before the storm hit, I was fortunate to have taken photos of both Harumi and Ada. That provided me with a lot of individual color assignments to work on while the storm keeps the house gray over the next several days.

Shocking Blue Notes

Ada encouraged me to try something different with one of Harumi's images. I thought I'd try creating bold contrast through colors rather than lighting.

The composition already had a cool color dress punching out of a predominantly warm image, but I wanted Harumi to be the focus of the image, not the dress.

I added a bit of blue to the shadow values of her skin tone. This made the flushed regions of her skin more purple, complementing the blue in the dress.

I also created a subtle but powerful connection to the dress by adding blue to Harumi's eyes. Even though the eyes are a tiny element within the photo, we are programmed to recognize facial features and are automatically drawn to them.

The last color trick I used was to saturate the red in Harumi's lips. Our eyes are immediately drawn to red. Combined with the eyes, these three small elements manage to hold their own against an enormous swath of ice blue in the middle of the photo.

(During the shoot, I made sure to create visual lines with the hair and necklace to guide the eye between the face and dress)

As a final touch, I pushed the colors to a saturated extreme. The palette is almost reduced to primary colors— red, yellow and blue. I don't normally work in bright colors, but I liked the visual tension they introduce in this image.

There's an ambivalence between Harumi's gentle gaze and the loud, garish color palette.

I think this creates a compelling contrast.

Attachment:
harumi stool.jpg
harumi stool.jpg [ 488.34 KiB | Viewed 166 times ]

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:35 pm 

I am... Bread?

Harumi insisted that I photograph the loaf of bread I baked this afternoon:

Attachment:
kitty loaf.jpg
kitty loaf.jpg [ 348.36 KiB | Viewed 145 times ]

[Harumi typing]

KITTY LOAF!

\(*T▽T*)/ワーイ♪

Attachment:
kitty loaf2.jpg
kitty loaf2.jpg [ 353.54 KiB | Viewed 145 times ]

/ᐠ。ꞈ。ᐟ\ KAWAII !!!!!!!

Ada touches her head (part one)

Ada helped me with a figure study yesterday. There was some beautiful light to work with, so I created several photo assignments from the session.

When I queued the images in my RAW processor, we both laughed at a common thread throughout the photos.

We affectionately refer to this series as "Ada touches her head." (^,^)

Let's talk about the image that inspired this series:

Ada was exercising in the family room. The light was soft and had a wonderful, creamy quality. I asked if she was up for a photo session. Ada responded that she wanted to finish working out first because she didn't want to cramp up.

I offered to spot her instead of photographing her.

Ada smiled and told me to hold her legs down— I could photograph her doing sit ups.

I gently pressed my knees on top of her feet.

Ada began her sit ups. Each time she rose, I would take a picture.

On the fifth repetition, I exclaimed, "Peekaboo!" which made her giggle. I snapped this picture on her following rep:

Attachment:
Ada TH 1 situp.jpg
Ada TH 1 situp.jpg [ 199.94 KiB | Viewed 145 times ]

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread
 AIM Send private message  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:59 pm 
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

I do love pictures of Ada...

L✰neR✯nger

Older Then Dirt!!!!!!

Handle with Care....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8s9dmuAKvU

End of the Line........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwqhdRs4jyA

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:19 am 

Ada touching that head (part deux)

Ada finished her workout and was entering her cooldown phase. I noticed that she would shift into classical figure poses briefly between stretches.

When our eyes met, Ada winked at me.

Ah— of course, of course... Camera at the ready!

I snapped some quick shots. At this point, the light was green from the midday sun streaming through the leaves in the trees.

Ada suggested that I keep the green as a creative color element.

She also requested that I refrain from using the green skin tones as an excuse to make her look like a zombie again. (o,o)

I laughed at the reference and promised I wouldn't do that to her.

If I could maintain the correct camera settings, Ada's graceful pose would allow the light to cascade across her body, creating amazing transitions and highlights.

I tried to retain as much detail as I could... from the glow of perspiration to the goosebumps on her skin. I managed to capture many little details of Ada's body, down to the peach fuzz on her skin.

We were both very pleased with the results. The full size image shows off the wonderful details.

Attachment:
ada green nude.jpg
ada green nude.jpg [ 229.22 KiB | Viewed 54 times ]

Fair lady Harumi

Having finished Ada's green image, I turned my attention towards a different color experiment. Harumi's head shot.

I am working on several color treatments for Harumi's portraits against a yellow background. In this one, I wanted to create as much contrast as possible between the yellow wall and Harumi's skin.

Attachment:
Harumi detail port.jpg
Harumi detail port.jpg [ 418.35 KiB | Viewed 54 times ]

I used Harumi's hair as a sub-framing device, creating a physical border separating the background from her face.

Pushing the image contrast makes her skin almost appear white.

I removed much of the mid level shadow tones, leaving just the flushed areas of Harumi's skin to suggest volume. This provided a delicate touch of color to the almost line drawing quality of Harumi's high contrast facial features.

The bold aqua colored necklace and dress straps mirror the subframing function of the hair, but in cool hues.

zedoh6
Mannequins Photo Thread
 AIM Send private message  

Page 14 of 15 [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next