Starpery.com

LuAnne and the hand job :)

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
RGC_0767
Former Member

Re: LuAnne and the hand job :)

Post by RGC_0767 »

Finally got the stitch done. Yeah I'm slow! But I like doing decent work. Has turned out quite good. Not bad for some poor man ideas and solutions :)
LuLu-Stitch.jpg
Solder-blade.jpg
Not bad for a cheap "tool" :)
PoorMan-Spoon.jpg
Test-toy.jpg
LuLu-Stitch2.jpg
Will spend a few more minutes with a better heat source, and that'll do it.
Have had some crazy ideas through all of this. I did have a lot of fun trying to think of ideas and try to implement them. If this helps one person get their doll repaired, then that makes me feel good! LuAnne too!! She looks happy, she looked real nervous when I brought that hot knife towards her :) I covered her well in case I slipped :)
nerves.jpg
A picture of the original wires pulled from her fingers opposite 14 gauge electrical wire. Tiny stuff wrapped in string coated with what appears to be crazy glue!!
factorywireRIFRANO.jpg

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Can-I-Get-it-Better.jpg
Can I get it any better? Or will I regret going any further? :)

TripleA
Doll
Doll

Post by TripleA »

RGC_0767; That is one AWESOME job; LuAnne has got to be pleased with that outcome! You must have gotten the temperature just about right because it shows no signs of being burned, and that is what makes a weak repair. But it looks as good as any that I have seen! :glou: :glou: :glou:
April Annabelle Atleur - AKA - TripleA

My Gallery Link: http://missatleur.com/coppermine/index.php?cat=10003

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

My little homemade blade has been fusing up seams quite well. Just insert tip of blade, pinch seam tight for 2 or 3 seconds. and slowly pull blade out. hold seam for 15-20 seconds or longer. Even blow on it :) let it cool. Move along seam and repeat.
The spoon trick I had to use a propane torch on as low flame as possible. hover inside of spoon over flame about an inch or so away for about 5-6 seconds. Flip spoon over and "paint" delicately. :) I did not notice any smoke at all.
Thank you for the compliment. I was not certain if I could hide that scar more, or would make scar worse. Probably worse LOL
Seems to be fused. I've not stress tested it too much. It was late last night when I put the finish on it. Should not do fussy stuff when tired :)
Job done. Now she needs a bath. :)
The care is endless :)
Thanks April!!

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

ThumbUp.jpg
Been given the Thumb Up :) it's a go! back to modelling again. Have removed makeup have fixed eyelashes, repaired a loose nail from all the moving of wires in and out, and in and out again :)
All-Clear.jpg
Her hand looks good. Feels good, nothing sharp or gives the feeling of trouble. Fingers can be twisted. folded 90 degrees and will stand up to more accidental mishaps.
It was a trade off to having her being able to grasp small items or being of more safe and reliable replacement. With patience I'm sure she will hold onto things.
There is a "spring back" of the fingers some. That's fine by me. If more stiffness is desired add in a stiffer wire to the center core of the phone wire twist. Remove one of the strands and replace with a stiffer wire for firmer action :)
Phew!! You know what? I cannot wait till her other finger(s) break. But will wait until then. From the looks of the original quality, that wont be too long from now :)
Thanks to all for helping out with ideas and encouragement!!

SynthetikReality95
Ex-Member

Post by SynthetikReality95 »

LuAnne looking stunning as always :)

great job man, you can barely see that scar.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

SynthetikReality95 wrote:LuAnne looking stunning as always :)

great job man, you can barely see that scar.
Thank you. In that pic I just noticed a small hole below the index finger. That was from the first wire "trial" I guess that's how easy it is to poke a wire through the skin. Not real thick in the fingers/hands to begin with.
Tried to add a sliver of TPE around wires and the tubing under palm skin. No go!! it was pushing the seam out, and the seams of cut were not lining up right, so I scratched that idea.
All okay!!
LuAnne says thank you to all!!! She had fun!!! Now I've told her I have to fix her Vagina area :) Her face just dropped LOL
That is my next fix. it has torn some. see what I can do with it.

Who says dolls can't be fun? :)

TripleA
Doll
Doll

Post by TripleA »

Yea; who said that, the fact is; dolls are allways FUN! :plaidskirt:

:haha4: :haha4:

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

TripleA wrote:Yea; who said that, the fact is; dolls are allways FUN! :plaidskirt:

:haha4: :haha4:
Dolls make it fun... I've yet to be entirely frustrated with LuAnne. Do dolls lower blood pressure? :) I'm thinking so!!

TripleA
Doll
Doll

Post by TripleA »

Our humans make us the best that we can be! And we return the favor many times over in many, many ways! :mrgreen:

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

TripleA wrote:Our humans make us the best that we can be! And we return the favor many times over in many, many ways! :mrgreen:
You dolls have a calm manner. Nothing ever gets you upset!!! ever... :) But I see in LuAnnes eyes the worry sometimes if I do not dress her the right way.
The first time I ever put a t-shirt on her LOL...it was a funny moment... I've even put clothes on her backwards :) Did she lose her cool? No way!!
Infinite Patience!!!

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

RGC_0767 wrote:
TripleA wrote:Our humans make us the best that we can be! And we return the favor many times over in many, many ways! :mrgreen:
You dolls have a calm manner. Nothing ever gets you upset!!! ever... :) But I see in LuAnnes eyes the worry sometimes if I do not dress her the right way.
The first time I ever put a t-shirt on her LOL...it was a funny moment... I've even put clothes on her backwards :) Did she lose her cool? No way!!
Infinite Patience!!!
:haha4: You obviously haven't met April! :?
She has a very bad temper sometimes. But I will say it has gotten better, much better!
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

CrazyCajun wrote:
RGC_0767 wrote:
Infinite Patience!!!
:haha4: You obviously haven't met April! :?
She has a very bad temper sometimes. But I will say it has gotten better, much better!
April is a business lady. A doll with some stress. So I can understand she may have a fuse that is short. :) Aprils temper has cooled probably since you made her neck better :)

CrazyCajun
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by CrazyCajun »

HAHAHA; She has gotten better since her and Kayla have straightened out their issues! :evidence:
CrazyCajun and the Girls

Making the world a doll friendlier place!
April's Gallery's: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14640

dark4ngel64

Post by dark4ngel64 »

Just curious for repairs - since I do tons of Maint stuff, and creativity is a must in our field.

For the fingers, why not use bare copper wire 10g or even 12g.
then cover it in plasti-dip to protect the doll from the nasty effects of copper, if using sheathed wire, plasti-dip the ends. I know this provides an excellent
protection for both the wire and whatever it is touching.

Would that work? Then you would be able to pose the fingers very easy, and they would hold their shape,

Just getting a headstart incase I have someone with a broken hand. :(
"I thought about our dilemma, and I came up with a solution that I honestly think works out best for one of both of us."
-guess who :-) if you don't know YOUR WAY TOO OLD!!!

INFORMATIONS