funwestdoll.com

FunWest Doll "Elise" head review - by Ragnar66

Reviews on Funwest Dolls Products
Forum rules
This area of the forum is dedicated to Sales and Support experience reviews.
Product reviews should be posted in the manufacturer review forum, unless the product is exclusive offered by this vendor.
All posts in the Reviews section have to be approved by a moderator before they show up and will be locked after approval.
Reviews will only be approved if evidence is provided to back up the claims that are made.
-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

FunWest Doll "Elise" head review - by Ragnar66

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Greetings :)

I was amongst lucky winners of some FunWest Doll contest you can check back here: viewtopic.php?t=153993

So when I was to make my choice, my eyes fell on this beautiful young lady: https://funwestdoll.com/product/most-re ... ise-155cm/

Why I selected her:
Beside her reminding me of some actress I like... ...I´m always looking for some unique characters that stand out from the mass of doll heads. "Elise" is one of them. She´s somewhat accentuated brow ridge, longish face (diamond or heart shape category)...maybe with slight a bit masculine properties, giving her some tough and self confident appearance. Also bits of resembles some elven races from Skyrim game, but more beautiful. An adventurous girl that can handle all situations with resolve.
:mrgreen: 8)

I selected her default promo configuration (light tan skin color, no/subtle MU, red wig #9 and green eyes #1). For testing purposes I got to choose a different brands body with some noticeable skin color mismatch. For later photo shootings I´ve yet to deal with that issue, maybe by ways of outfitting, photo techniques etc. But I´ll keep her.

Order went quick and precise. After 2 weeks I got factory pic(s)....

EliseFactory.jpg
EliseFactory.jpg (181.35 KiB) Viewed 752 times

...and after approval she went off for delivery which took about 1 week (2 days at customs incl.), from factory to my doorstep. Cardbox & content arrived undamaged. No fees for import to germany. Time between order and delivery was ~3 weeks.

Box Content:

"Elise" Doll head (with dark green eyes FWD #1 already in), extra set of black eyes FWD #2, M16 standard connector (hollow type), quick change M16 connector and red color wig FWD #9. Packing material was sufficient and did the purpose well (saving content). No visible damages of any kind.

EliseUnboxing.jpg
EliseUnboxing.jpg (480 KiB) Viewed 752 times

General description:

TPE, non textured skin, Weight ~2kg, head circum/hat size = 52cm.

TPE scent: Minor and unobtrusive.

TPE is very soft and non shiny, silk like smooth surface. Painting (eyebrows) and bits of MU is fine quality. Same for eyelashes.

Head to neck rim snugs nicely on my dolls neck, making transition much less visible at certain photo shooting angles.

Oral capability. Starting at about 2 inch deep in mouth, there´s a ring of very soft white nubs, reaching far into oral cavitiy. (not tested yet but believe she´d make a gorgeous sucking machine :mrgreen: )

EliseOralCavity.jpg
EliseOralCavity.jpg (760.09 KiB) Viewed 752 times

Wig Quality (red #9): Fairly good, very smooth and shiny hair, almost no hair shedding. Love that copper red color. Fit is good on 52cm diameter head. Small issue is fall of hair at frontal part, making arrangement of this part a bit difficult. Though might improve if gravity forces hair to fall in more natural way and over longer times.

Eyes is fine quality standard 32mm half spheres with piece of cotton base.

Elise_OriginalWig.jpg
Elise_OriginalWig.jpg (365.14 KiB) Viewed 752 times

Some frontal and profile view for head shape evaluation.

EliseProfiles.jpg
EliseProfiles.jpg (63.23 KiB) Viewed 752 times

Sidelight view showing bits of her distinct eyes - nose contours

EliseContours.jpg
EliseContours.jpg (133.52 KiB) Viewed 752 times

For some different impressions with non FWD wigs in my possession (2,3,4)

Elise_WigStyleVariations.jpg
Elise_WigStyleVariations.jpg (543.25 KiB) Viewed 752 times

Beside color mismatch (not FWD fault), I´m very pleased with "Elise" head and she exceeds my expectations overally. Includes dealing with FWD team, delivery time, as well as accessories. 8) :glou:

INFORMATIONS