In Memoriam StormiLover

Paying our respect to TDF members and their friends and family who have passed on.
djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

In Memoriam StormiLover

Post by djcdoll »

Every now and again the Universe throws something unexpected and bad at us that knocks us off our feet.
That happened to a lot of us in the doll community on May 21st 2023 when we very sadly lost our good friend StormiLover at the early age of 56.

I first came across StormiLover (SL) not long after I got my Tiffany, a WM155DD doll.
I started to get a lot of private messages (PMs) from SL during the early part of 2019, asking me lots of questions about Tiffany. It wasn't long before Stormi arrived at SL's home.
Stormi is the same doll make as my Tiffany and so Stormi and Tiffany became good friends.
Those PM's from SL to me continued on nearly a daily basis (on TDF and Discord) right up until the day before he passed away.

SL created two excellent photo threads featuring his Stormi, Orla and later her two wonderful soft toy sidekicks: TBear and JR:

1) The Mis-Adventures of Stormi and SL
viewtopic.php?t=114204

2) Stormi's Big Adventures
viewtopic.php?f=215&t=118274

SL had a fantastic sense of humour and his first "mis-adventures" photo thread reflected that brilliantly.
TBear and JR managed to get into all sorts of schenanigans and mischief with poor Stormi trying to keep the peace.
It was always a lovely treat when a new episode dropped on TDF so we could find out what Stormi and her gang were up to.
One of the nicest aspects of our friendship with SL was how we shared some storylines.
My Tiffany was able to take part in some of Stormi's adventures and vice versa.
Stormi even had a part as a villain character in one of my dolly videos, she played her part perfectly!

SL lived in a beautiful and scenic part of Alberta in Canada.
He was very passionate in wanting to showing off his beloved Alberta so he came up with the idea of taking Stormi on some road trips. Stormi was going to go and visit some "Big Things" in Alberta.
These road trips were a showcase to some extraordinary and wonderful corners of Alberta.
Personally I learnt a lot about Alberta from these road trips.

Some good news is that SL's Stormi has gone to live with TDF member KarmaMusic and his Orla is now living with TDF member Mr_Fix_It.
I'm hoping to acquire SL's TBear and JR so that their shenanigans can continue with my gang over here in the UK.
I'm comforted in knowing that SL's dolls and soft toys will be well looked after and loved by his friends.

I've found it very hard to write these words and even harder to look back over SL's wonderful pictures and photothreads.
Looking back over SL's pictures I've been struck by how much his stories are filled with love, kindness and humour.
SL has been a big part of my doll life so I'm finding a huge void has been left.
SL was a very kind and generous person and I miss him dreadfully. :cry:

Please feel free to add any comments, anecdotes and thoughts about StormiLover.

So long StormiLover and many thanks for all the wonderful pictures, stories and memories. :thumbs_up:
:glou:
Attachments
Stormi wearing her famous cowgirl hat.
Stormi wearing her famous cowgirl hat.
Pic_A.jpg (638.82 KiB) Viewed 10129 times
Queen Stormi surveys her realm.
Pic_B.jpeg (428.97 KiB) Viewed 10129 times
Pic_C.jpeg (846.94 KiB) Viewed 10129 times
Christmas wishes from Stormi, TBear and JR.
Christmas wishes from Stormi, TBear and JR.
Pic_D.JPG (754.7 KiB) Viewed 10129 times
Stormi waits for Tiffany's Christmas card to arrive in the post.
Stormi waits for Tiffany's Christmas card to arrive in the post.
Pic_E.jpeg (2.33 MiB) Viewed 10129 times
Stormi, TBear and JR checkout TDF.
Stormi, TBear and JR checkout TDF.
Pic_F.jpeg (2.68 MiB) Viewed 10129 times
Actress Stormi in her space adventure.
Actress Stormi in her space adventure.
Pic_G.jpg (308.97 KiB) Viewed 10129 times

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: In Memoriam StormiLover

Post by DG »

I am very sad to hear of StormiLover’s passing. May he Rest In Peace.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

Doll Dreamer

Post by Doll Dreamer »

OMG, I loved StormiLover's stories and photographs!

I am sure he had many friends here on TDF and in the greater doll community! Will miss him.

Thanks for letting us know this news djcdoll.
-- My Gal --
Alexis WM 156cm D / 20. Alexis' Thread || Alexis' Instagram

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

That's a lovely, thoughtful post djcdoll which perfectly describes how many of us felt upon the news of SL's passing. He had such a positive impact on the forum, educating us about Alberta and making us smile with Stormi's antics in equal measure, Saturday's on the forum aren't the same without one of his adventures or shenanigans with JR and T Bear.

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

I met him a few years ago at an informal gathering of fellow Alberta doll owners. The last time I was in contact with him was on chat around the beginning of last year.

Aside from dolls and being from Alberta, another thing we had in common was that we had the same domains, so to speak. He lived about 3 hours away across the provincial border from where I grew up in British Columbia. Whenever I drove to and from the house I inherited, I passed by his part of the province.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

KarmaMusic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by KarmaMusic »

I want to Thank Djcdoll for the wonderful Tribute to SL as he was a wonderful Friend to me as well. I miss him and his story telling.
KarmaMusic Doll cuddler
Design Technologist

KarmaMusic Gallery
Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image,Image

TallnSlim

Post by TallnSlim »

Pm Me and I'll get Her off Your hands.

peachplumpear

Post by peachplumpear »

He was so young! Tragic.

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Many thanks to everyone who has kindly posted a comment here on my tribute to StormiLover.
It's now been six months since we sadly lost him. :cry:

I realised that I didn't put a link to the video where Stormi made her acting debut alongside Tiffany, Dani, Little Ted and KKFun's Snow.
So here it is, Stormi played her villain character very well: :D

Direct link to the YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj72tfz4sGk

StormiLover did a great job in recording all the video clips of Stormi against a green screen and then sending them to me so I could incorporate them into the final video.
We left the end of the video open so we could potentially make a follow up episode.
Before he passed away StormiLover did ask me several times whether we could continue the story. I now regret not getting round to taking him up on that request. :cry:

Alucard1959
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Alucard1959 »

That was so COOL! You did an awesome job. SL would love it.
Imaginary lovers never turn you down. They always care, they're always there when you need satisfaction guaranteed. Your mine,anytime, my imaginary lover.
"Atlanta Rythum Section"

djcdoll
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by djcdoll »

Alucard1959 wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:16 pm That was so COOL! You did an awesome job. SL would love it.
Thanks so much for your kind comments Alucard1959. :thumbs_up:
SL did have one request for the space video, he wanted to see Stormi fly her own spaceship.
It now makes me happy that we managed to do that for him.

We all had a lot fun making the space videos. It was a lot of work at the time but worth it.
I only wish that SL was still around to help make the next episode and continue the adventures. :cry:

INFORMATIONS