dollstudio.org

Unboxing Sino-doll SI-172/H body style & S4 head

Dollstudio focuses on life-like dolls made of silicone and TPE, with products spanning from life-sized love dolls and manikins over miniature companions to 1/6 scale miniatures. Based in Europe, Dollstudio is an authorized vendor for respected manufacturers like Doll Sweet, Ruby13, Maidlee Doll, Dream Doll Creation, OR Doll, WM Dolls, YL Doll, JM Doll, Sanhui, Hitdoll, Onedoll, and Lovely Doll. By default, we're shipping from Germany with all customs and taxes cleared.
dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Unboxing Sino-doll SI-172/H body style & S4 head

Post by dxc »

That sounds like quite a shame.
Such a beauty, seemingly designed to be an able model turns out to be more like a bed toy that would be a cleaning nightmare.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Sanhui supply a wand to attach to a tap to flush out the vagina.

When a doll is a standing model in the shower this seems a good solution.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Hi,

it's weekend, so no response from Sino-doll yet about the severe weight discrepancies, the loose jointed shrugging shoulders, the crude head connector gap and so on.

At the moment I am so pissed that my interest about this brand changed from "highly excited - supportive - very open" to almost zero. If I can not even trust that the most basic key facts - like the weight - are approximately correct, what am I supposed to believe about the other promises about less trivial things?

However, there seems to be an attractive special offer at Sino-doll's website:
special-offer.png
special-offer.png (203.48 KiB) Viewed 1955 times
:roll:

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

Get news & updates on Twitter - Dollstudio @Twitter

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

Dollstudio Dollworks Adapter System - Create your hybrid doll!

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Personally I avoided the 172 because I know instinctively that these dolls are too heavy for me. Often I see voluptuous ladies in TPE and hold myself back because I know of the weight.

A couple of years ago I wanted to do some photography with a cousin Z-One 160 but in the region of 37 or so kgs she was too heavy for what I wanted to do. So coming from the same stable I actually expected my 161 to be of similar weight and was pleasantly surprised to find her on 35kgs rather than more.

The bigger the doll the greater the weight and the greater problems there are with leverage and wear. For this reason I wouldn't advise people to go for the larger dolls.

The difference, however, between your and my doll is perplexing. Perhaps it might be because mine, as far as I know, does not have a left-right side to side hinge in the middle of her back, nor shrugging shoulders. It might just be that as new features Sino-Doll have not got to grips in the production process of adjusting these. All of the joints of my lady are well and equally regulated so we're seeing significant discrepancy between the two.

I'm sure that David will be mortified about your lady and in a few years I haven't been aware of an instance of a dissatisfied customer of dolls from this stable.

Sino-Doll are aiming for excellence. It's quite clear from their packaging, their silicone, details we see such as fingernails, and David's statement about addressing issues of the parting lines etc etc and from all of this I would consider your doll to be an anomaly rather than the norm.

As a vendor you've got to be happy that when Sino-Doll have a slip-up, they will support you with the customer to ensure that you have happy customers.

The joint of neck and head needs attention but the overall build of the doll with the super-realistic silicone as a sex-doll puts that niggle into a category of less importance.

Here's the advice I sent to David and which will result in improvements I'm sure:
Ideally feet need to be longer, or ankle joints tighter so that she holds balance standing by herself without touching anything. Are the nuts welded? If not then perhaps I can operate on this lady and tighten them. Without being able to be freestanding I can't do some of the poses that work rather well but that's a matter of luxury. DS aren't freestanding either, but freestanding is better.

A mid back hinge giving side to side motion would be nice ;-) but that's luxury.

The main problem is the head connector. The heads are a little loose and if the bayonet fitting is in the right place the head can come off unexpectedly. The hole in the head needs to be deeper and two more turns on the head connector. The heads are too loose and need more friction to avoid free rotation and there is a gap between head and neck. There is also a difference in diameter. Of course this is covered up by a wig most of the time but people who are perfectionists will pick up on this.
I'm not really too fussed on the weight increase any more. More weight means more silicone and less foam, and that leads to a softer doll. I'm not sure either of the lifetime of PU foam. Whether 15 years or 40 . . . but I know that the foamfree JM and the foam-lite Sino-Doll ladies will still be alive when I'm buried in a coffin.

However I haven't had time to get to know her thoroughly but my lady gives the impression of good, even WOW! I hope in due course Sino-Doll will persuade both you and your customers likewise. From what I've seen personally they deserve to succeed.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

haremlover wrote:[…] mine, as far as I know, does not have a left-right side to side hinge in the middle of her back, nor shrugging shoulders […]
The customization option "New shoulder joint (means shrugging shoulders and can lean forwardly)" is a feature which is charged extra and thusly needs to be requested. I simply do not get the purpose of loose shoulder joints than obviously are not intended to hold a pose. These joints are the only ones that are completely loose, so someone adjusted them this way on purpose. But again, I do not understand it and there is no documentation.
haremlover wrote:The joint of neck and head needs attention but […] puts that niggle into a category of less importance.
In this aspect we have a disagreement. If the connector is really designed with a gap of about 1 cm in height, it's total crap. With that overly long neck she looks like a Padaung woman:
padaung.jpg
padaung.jpg (28.47 KiB) Viewed 1937 times
Unless you like that particular aesthetic, such a misdesigned connector would just inevitably lead to numerous customer complaints. Though, currently I'm still hoping that there is some trick to force it closer to the body.

However, even if Sino-doll will fix this gap, the connector is still an annoyance as it's dimensions are too close to an M16 thread, making it very hard or even impossible to build adapters. That's a showstopper for hybrid dolls as you will probably neither get Mate Doll's silicone heads nor Z-Onedoll's heads onto a Sino-doll, or vice versa. As long as Sino-doll only has a handful of head options, hybrids would be crucial.

But the main problem remains something else - the confirmed promise of a 36 kg doll with standing capability and the delivered reality of an 46.2 kg doll which can not properly stand.

I simply don't understand it. This doll was explicitly ordered as a review sample, and I explicitely asked to confirm the actual weight. We had this trouble with >20% weight deviations before, as well with the two ZO-160/B review samples as with several customer orders in 2016-2018. So they knew that I would put this doll onto a scale. With an honest weight of ~38 kg she would be able to stand properly, and there would have been most probably a rave review. I just don't get it.

Sandro
Dollstudio EU - Customers from EU countries, please visit eu.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio US - Customers from the U.S., Canada and outside the EU, please visit us.dollstudio.org (in English)
Dollstudio DE - Kunden aus Deutschland sind willkommen auf de.dollstudio.org (in Deutsch)

DS Doll Europe (EU) - Customers from EU countries, please visit en.dsdolleurope.com (in English)

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Oh yes. I thought you meant the difference in diameter.

Over long neck? I don't think so.
DSCF2204.JPG
DSCF2204.JPG (1.15 MiB) Viewed 1936 times
It does sound to me as though the shrugging shoulders might not be something Sino-Doll appreciate how to handle at this time and your observations are going to be very helpful to them.

I'm sure that David isn't going to want to have a dissatisfied customer so no doubt he'll find a solution. Oh dear. Can you imagine waking up to this thread first thing on a Monday morning?

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

haremlover wrote:Oh dear. Can you imagine waking up to this thread first thing on a Monday morning?
Can you imagine my mood after trying to pose her and then putting her on a scale on the weekend?

Sandro

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Oh yes I can ;-)

I just looked at the announcement for weight reduction . . . to find an announcement somewhat lower down that the weight reduced dolls weren't available yet.

viewtopic.php?p=1381147#p1381147

I think there's been some enthusiasm for some advance publicity.

This new production is (potentially) too good to fail and if they can get these matters right you'll have sales which will more than reward your patience.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

Dollstudio
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Dollstudio »

Yes, I am aware of this announcement from September, and that's why I explicitely asked for confirmation of the actual weight before ordering in October.

Anyway, the annoucement is pretty clear:
announcement.png
announcement.png (68.8 KiB) Viewed 1929 times
The phrases used are "we have" and "has been", past tense.

My dialogue with Sino-doll before ordering was:

12.10.2018 17:43 - Question: "The 172cm body is still 42 kg?"

13.10.2018 01:59 - Answer: "172cm after reduction is about 36kgs."

I'm not sure if there is much room for an accidental misunderstanding.

Sandro

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Dollstudio wrote: I'm not sure if there is much room for an accidental misunderstanding.
No - it's an occidental understanding. :haha4:

:glou:

Sino-Doll has invested too much in this enterprise for them to put you on the shelf and allow it to fail that it would be inconceivable for them not to do you proud.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Harem partial quote Sino-Doll are aiming for excellence. It's quite clear from their packaging, their silicone, details we see such as fingernails, and David's statement about addressing issues of the parting lines etc etc and from all of this I would consider your doll to be an anomaly rather than the norm. END QUOTE Packing regardless of quality level of any doll maker or doll price etc does not imo mean a quality doll. The packing should be good enough to get any doll to the customer without any damage no matter where it came from. It should a minimum standard to have your package arrive undamaged period! When we accept sub-par anything, then we keep lowering the bar of basic customer sales & service.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

The packing should be good enough to get any doll to the customer without any damage. It should a minimum standard to have your package arrive undamaged period!
it 'should' be yes...but as well all know too well...it rarely is. So to defend Sino here on 'this particular' point...at least they are making the extra effort the others don't for something as you said, should really be standard.

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Maviarab wrote:
The packing should be good enough to get any doll to the customer without any damage. It should a minimum standard to have your package arrive undamaged period!
it 'should' be yes...but as well all know too well...it rarely is. So to defend Sino here on 'this particular' point...at least they are making the extra effort the others don't for something as you said, should really be standard.
I had prior shipping experience wholesale for nearly 2 decades, that expandable fitting foam has been around for a long long time. I used it & others used it to us in our in-bound freight.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Boobman wrote:
Maviarab wrote:
I had prior shipping experience wholesale for nearly 2 decades, that expandable fitting foam has been around for a long long time. I used it & others used it to us in our in-bound freight.
I know how long it has been around. That doesn't change the fact that only Sino seems to use it.... :whistle:

Boobman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Boobman »

Maviarab wrote:
Boobman wrote:
Maviarab wrote:
I know how long it has been around. That doesn't change the fact that only Sino seems to use it.... :whistle:
All of them should be using it, that's my point. Do not reward or praise someone for getting your delivery to you without damage. Praise them when they go beyond expected standards. Well coach i put my uniform on correctly at least, sorry for not giving a shit how i played after all i dressed properly.

INFORMATIONS