betterlovedoll.com

New Classification System for Manufacturers and Vendors

Official announcements regarding "The Doll Forum" and "CoverDoll" from site management.
Also post your own announcements.
Andrew22
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: New Classification System for Manufacturers and Vendors

Post by Andrew22 »

Jugrnot8 wrote:Sounds like a good change. As a new member just learning it seems very confusing to figure out what i want and all that.
I feel the same way.

Cshelli2

Post by Cshelli2 »

Thanks for the information.

joyce123
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by joyce123 »

Glad to know that and thanks for the clarification

DARKSUN
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DARKSUN »

This sounds like a good move. I hope it helps Manufacturers & Vendors as well as make things a little easier for buyers to navigate through the shopping/purchase process.

In the interest of making things easier for all of us customers, one thing I would like to see addressed somehow, is some doll model name consistency in doll listings across the various vendors who sell the same doll under different names. For example, one doll I am interested in is a WM170CM that is advertised n some sites as being named "Hillary" but I have seen the same doll advertised on other sites under a different name. This particular doll is not a huge problem because she is very recognizable with the particular head/face and photo set.

Another doll I have noticed this with is an SY176CM doll, one site has here listed as being named "Yedi" and I have found her on other sites with a completely different name given to her on their ad page. She is another one where it's fairly easy to recognize her for what doll model she is, but still a little off-putting to see the same doll advertised under different names. I want to be able evaluate her based upon the basic knowledge of what brand and model she is, and the price, specs, etc. It's slightly confusing to have to deal with different names when going through the search and selection process.

I am not a vendor so there's probably things I don't understand or appreciate about why they do this, but for me as a potential buyer who is just browsing and shopping trying to find "the right girl for me", there are too many dolls to look at in order to make sure I am seeing all my options before making a decision. Having to filter through the extra factor of multiple different named versions of the same doll just adds another layer of complexity and confusion to the already difficult and laborious task of searching, reviewing and comparing of all the different dolls out there.

Those two examples above aren't good examples of how this is difficult. I have seen it quite often with many different brands and models of dolls, where the doll is the same brand and model, but with a slightly different photo set and clothing used in the ad, to where it looks like it could well be a completely different model, but in fact it isn't, it's the same doll, same brand, same model with a different name and different clothes and photos and i'm stuck trying to decide which one i want because they both might appear to have the traits im looking for but they look slightly different, and I end up spending time and energy investigating them only to eventually find out its the same doll under a different name.

even if vendors want to advertise dolls under different given names, is there some standard where they at least make it absolutely clear what brand, size, model of body, head, etc the doll is? so we can instantly recognized exactly what we're looking at?
Current doll: Starpery 156cm Hedy
Past Dolls: PiperDoll Akira 160cm Silicone - WM 155cm DD (TPE) - JY 140cm Huge Boobs Adelaide (TPE) - Starpery 156cm Hedy
Wish List: too many to list
Doll Reviews:
JY 140CM Adelaide
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=101883
Piperdoll Akira 160cm
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=129608
Starpery 156cm Hedy
viewtopic.php?f=548&t=149180

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

DARKSUN wrote:In the interest of making things easier for all of us customers, one thing I would like to see addressed somehow, is some doll model name consistency in doll listings across the various vendors who sell the same doll under different names.

even if vendors want to advertise dolls under different given names, is there some standard where they at least make it absolutely clear what brand, size, model of body, head, etc the doll is? so we can instantly recognized exactly what we're looking at?
I can't say how much I support that idea. I've seen the same doll I bought listed under at least six different names across a variety of vendors and manufacturers. It drove me crazy while trying to work out where to buy it.

I kinda wish that sites advertised bodies and heads as separate items rather than as a single "unit". Though I must admit it's nice seeing the overall effect too. Maybe there's a way that sites could do both.

lar500
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by lar500 »

As a brand new newbie, your reclassification helps a little but still trying understand and to navigate your site better. Lots of info. to digest.

INFORMATIONS