betterlovedoll.com

Signature: How to streamline to fit links?

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Signature: How to streamline to fit links?

Post by CF »

I want to add a new doll to my signature (viewtopic.php?p=2221375#p2221375) but am coming up against the 500-character limit.

Is there a way I can streamline the links in my sig to fit another link? The first link for Cherry seen below, as an example, is shorter than the link which then appears for Moira. Is there a way to change them all to short links like Cherry has to make room for another one?

Thank you! :glou:
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Signature: How to streamline to fit links?

Post by Nescio50 »

I did some clean-up on your signature, removing www. from the links.

But better is to do it totally different, simply link to one post where you introduce all your dolls.

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Nescio50 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:07 pm I did some clean-up on your signature, removing www. from the links.

But better is to do it totally different, simply link to one post where you introduce all your dolls.
That's awesome, thank you!

I considered the idea of a master thread but I find this way to be personally convenient and I like giving others the instant gratification!

Thanks again, Nes! :)
Viva la megaboobs!

CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by CF »

Nescio50 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:07 pm I did some clean-up on your signature, removing www. from the links.

Ack! I tried to add Penelope and got this message:

Your message contains too many URLs. The maximum number of URLs allowed is 7.

Any way to adjust that?
Viva la megaboobs!

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Please know that we don't like big or long signatures. Big ones detract from the posts in a thread.
We could change the max number of links from 7 to 8, but next someone will ask to set it to 9.
We'd prefer that you (and others) use different ways to promote your dolls.
As suggested before, link to a single post introducing all your dolls.

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

I might have an alternative idea to help you. I told a few members already and some are using it.

The advanced search of this forum is very powerful. You can search for an author (you), limit it to the first post and show the result as topics, not posts. Right now it will list all topics created by you, so a lot more than just the topics about your dolls.
But you can decide on a self defined search word and ask a mod to add it into the first post of your topics that you have linked in your signature right now. Then add this word into the advanced search too, et voila, only 7 results. It doesn't matter if other people use that search word as the search is limited to you. Just make sure that you don't use that word in the first post of a topic that should not be in the search results.

Example link to the advanced search:

Code: Select all

https://dollforum.com/forum/search.php?keywords=YourOwnSearchTerm&terms=all&author=CF&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Just replace "YourOwnSearchTerm" with something you decide on your own. Everyone else than CF must replace "CF" with their own name.

If that is an option for you feel free to decide on a search term, let any mod add it into the first post of the topics you want to have in the search results and on any new topic you can decide on your own if you add that search word or not.

I hope this helps.
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

INFORMATIONS