Starpery.com

How do you move a doll?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
InterstellarMagic
Active Poster
Active Poster

How do you move a doll?

Post by InterstellarMagic »

I don't have a doll, but this year I decided that I will buy it. I have seen some dollchannel videos where he explains how to move or fold the doll. He did a lot of maneuvers, too many in my opinion. I wonder how I should keep the doll in everyday life.
Do I keep her in a bed lying down? Or better to keep it upright?
If I want to move it from a room, how do I take it? From the hips?
I know that you have to keep it straight and not bent. Only when used then can it assume different positions.

P.S.: I will use the doll for sex, about once a week. But otherwise I would like to keep it as a pleasant company, like a luxury statue that decorates the house.

Nazario_Oldham
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: How do you move a doll?

Post by Nazario_Oldham »

Hi,

Standing is the best option, assuming she has standing feet. Leg's about shoulder with apart. At a wall or corner until you become accustomed to the hobby n learn posing etc. When standing all my ladies I always have something between her skin and the piece she's touching. Unless I'm doing photoshots of course, but that's an entirely different subject.

Laying flat on the bed, you'll want to turn her otherwise she'll develop a flat ass.

Moving room to room, Legs up, bend her knees. 1 arm at both knees, other arm on her back just under her shoulders. For a heavy doll, arms around the waste, use your knees not your back. Very carefully move her.

Of course there are helpful moving devises, like wheelchairs, computer chairs and so forth.

Hope this helps.
Kindest Regards,
Naz

MY DOLLS
Jena - DollXES 125cm
Danika - SM 138d - viewtopic.php?t=160713

Doll #3 Zoey WM 140d Coming Spring 2023 :whistle:

n3o7

Post by n3o7 »

If you have extra cash on the side, Coeros offers a stand like this. I don't have it though, but I'm planning to get this or something similar when my doll arrives.

M M

Post by M M »

I find it easiest to keep them standing. Since my dolls are all my height or taller I bend my knees a little, give them a tight hug, and stand. Moving from point A to B is pretty simple. I also have pieces of white memory foam that I put between their contact points and whatever they are leaning on to protect them. Once the dolls are on the bed they are easier to bend and move around, but each morning I set them back up as features posing in my room. To move them to another room I prefer the wheelchair.
Dolls:
Jasmine (Jaz) WM 159C / 70
Vivian (V) Irontech 163B / 101
Billy WM 158D / 210
Grant Irontech 170cm / M1
Max Irontech 162cm / M1
Aiden Irontech 162cm / Charles head

Heads:
Hunter WM 78
Xander Irontech M7
Mina & Tina (elves) WM 154 & Irontech 94

More Than Love Dolls - Thread
The Men in My Life - Thread

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

I've found it easiest to keep her standing
When she needs to move, I give her a hug ,cup her butt and lift .
Keep her arms close to her sides to prevent snagging things .

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

Anastasia wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:48 am I've found it easiest to keep her standing
Same method here! :thumbs_up: :wink: (It's nice... she sticks her boobs against you and you have hands full of her butt! :mrgreen: And a couple of kisses on the way!🤪😘)
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Useful info. I ordered a doll with standing feet and intend to have her as pleasant company around me when not shagging her. I also intend to use her as an artist's subject for figure work so she may be stood around posed a lot.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

gogodolls wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:26 am
Anastasia wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:48 am I've found it easiest to keep her standing
Same method here! :thumbs_up: :wink: (It's nice... she sticks her boobs against you and you have hands full of her butt! :mrgreen: And a couple of kisses on the way!🤪😘)
Cheers! :glou:
Most definitely!
Sometimes I even put her arms around me ,just for alittle more secure handling.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

My TPE lass stands (she has the standing foot bolt option) nearly 24/7. As for moving her, she's relatively short, so it's easy for me to just, squat slightly. slip my hands under her arms and just stand up. Also helps she's just 50lbs.

MarcusMM

Post by MarcusMM »

Carry: Moving room to room, Legs up, bend her knees. 1 arm at both knees, other arm on her back just under her shoulders.
Usually she sits on a chair, often with high heels - impossible when standing, especially for TPE. The bolts will damage the floor.

InterstellarMagic
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by InterstellarMagic »

MarcusMM wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:33 pm Carry: Moving room to room, Legs up, bend her knees. 1 arm at both knees, other arm on her back just under her shoulders.
Usually she sits on a chair, often with high heels - impossible when standing, especially for TPE. The bolts will damage the floor.
Ok thank you.
I think I put socks on her, so she doesn't ruin her feet. And I'll use your method to move it, legs up and knees bent and then I lift it up and put it in a wheelchair and move it.

MarcusMM

Post by MarcusMM »

LoGnomoMagic wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:53 pm I think I put socks on her, so she doesn't ruin her feet. And I'll use your method to move it, legs up and knees bent and then I lift it up and put it in a wheelchair and move it.
Just use white socks, or she'll end up with black feet (dark clothes are dangerous, because there is always a risk to transfer the color pigments to the doll - the longer the wear duration the bigger).

Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Coeros »

Sex doll storage problem
1. The best storage method - laying or hanging
1.1 Hanging:
Hanging is a very good way to store dolls, because when the doll is hung, no side of the body will be squeezed by the weight of the doll itself. If there are wardrobes and hangers with strong bearing capacity at home, you can Consider hanging the doll.

Sex Doll Suspension Kit from Coeros

1.2 Flat laying:
There is only one key point when laying the doll, it cannot lie on a "hard plane". Whether you let the doll lie on the bed, storage case or even the floor, remember to add a soft cushion under the doll's body, (it can be a quilt, pillow, cushion, etc.) to prevent the back and buttocks of the doll from being deformed and flattened by their own weight for a long time. Especially for TPE dolls. once the body is deformed, it can never rebound again.
You can buy "slow rebound sponge", which is commonly known as "memory foam". Another convenient method is to add a pillow to the doll's waist and back of the thigh, so that the doll's buttocks can be supported.

Sex Doll Storage Case from Coeros

2. The storage method that must not be used - standing or sitting

2.1 Standing:
In fact, most dolls "cannot stand". Even for relatively high-end brands, manufacturers will especially emphasize that "can only stand for a short time". The standing function is actually designed to meet the needs of taking pictures and posing, not to solve the problem of storage. In addition, tpe dolls are very soft, if there is no standing function, it is very easy to cause the soles of the feet to tear when the doll stands, so I suggest that it is best not to even try "short standing".

2.2 Sitting posture:
Letting the doll sit on the sofa for a long time is also a very wrong storage method. Because when the doll maintains a sitting position for a long time, her hips will crack due to the long-term compression of the weight. If you keep the doll in a sitting position, please limit it to 1-2 days. After sitting for 1-2 days, please return to the lying or hanging state to ensure that the doll’s body does not receive any pressure.

Dustproof problem
No matter which storage method is used, the dust-proof work must be done well. The cloth or quilt that will never fade in normal times, and the blanket covering the doll can reduce the chance of the doll’s body adhering to hair and dust. During regular maintenance and cleaning It will also be relatively easy.

Sex Doll Storage Bag from Coeros
A one-stop shop improving the customer experience by offering a complete range of sex doll accessories.

Our website: https://www.coeros.com/

E-mail: service@coeros.com

Follow Coeros On: Youtube| Twitter | Reddit | Instagram

You can find related products on the official website, and related tutorials can be found in YouTube and TDF.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Coeros wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 4:33 am Sex doll storage problem
1. The best storage method - laying or hanging
1.1 Hanging:
Hanging is a very good way to store dolls, because when the doll is hung, no side of the body will be squeezed by the weight of the doll itself. If there are wardrobes and hangers with strong bearing capacity at home, you can Consider hanging the doll.
I would STRONGLY CAUTION an owner who plans to use hanging as a long term storage method for their doll.

Most dolls are designed to stand, that is the load goes from feet to legs to hips, etc.
Their skeleton goes from thick at the legs to much finer at the neck connector.
Plus necks and connectors are not designed for the long term static load of hanging, or the dynamic load that is applied when you hang them up.
There are some exceptions, such as seamless neck dolls with a permanently attached head and built in head hanging connector.

The common image users see of sex dolls hanging on racks at a manufacturer are just that, they are in production before shipping to the customer.
They are hanging as the go from one step to another and not as long term storage.

If you plan on hanging your doll for long term storage, then contact the doll manufacturer (not the seller or vendor) to confirm it is OK for that specific doll.
A seller or vendor dealing with many dolls may not know the exact details of your dolls skeleton, or just say anything to make you happy.
The best information typically comes from the folks who actually built your dolls skeleton before it went into the mold to make your doll.

Just my two cents.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

My TPE doll has lain on her back on a 2" memory foam mattress topper for 7 1/2 years without getting a flat bum. She has worn one mattress topper out tho'.
Tyr.
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

INFORMATIONS