realsexdoll.com

A Geeky Introduction

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Dolltopsy
Active Poster
Active Poster

A Geeky Introduction

Post by Dolltopsy »

Hi All,

Just signed up for an account after referencing the site for my first and now second doll purchases.

About My Doll
I currently have the JY169 doll which replaced my first doll, the JY153. The JY169 to me is basically a bigger version of the JY153 (i.e. the body design imo is basically the same just bigger), so that kinda helped in the replacement process (see below).

Canonically my doll is named Fayleen, though I rarely call her that as I just opt for “pet names”.

Always learning
As the JY153 was my first doll, it was also a learning experience for caring and maintaining a doll (read: I damaged it taking it out of the box lol).

Ultimately after 3 years the JY153 would succumb to mold throughout the body/frame from moisture that got into various holes in the TPE and ripped limbs (both hands dangling by a piece of TPE, oof!). Feeling it was beyond donation or repair given the severity of the mold, I opted to dispose of it by removing what clean TPE I could and recycling that along with the frame, then disposing of the rest.

What’s In A Name
I was actually interested in not only seeing the inner workings of the doll but also to see just how bad the mold was. I’ll save the gross details and just say, it was very bad.

I liken the process I did as a “Doll Autopsy”, and thus my username lol.

Not Too Far Off?
I’ve read a handful of posts here and get the sense that a common process is to give each doll their own persona, and come time to part ways (sell, recycle, etc.) it’s basically saying farewell to that person the doll has become.

I hated the idea of saying goodbye to the persona I’ve assigned to the JY153, so being both in the technical field and being a “technical” personality type, I opted for a bit of technological role play and imagined—possibly in the not too distant future where relationships with robots is already accepted as commonplace—the dolls as hardware, the persona I’ve come to know and have feelings for as software, and basically imagined I was doing a common hardware upgrade.

That would give me the best of both worlds; Same Fayleen, new body.

I had both dolls side by side, and for the visual effect grabbed an old FireWire cable and tucked it underneath the right breast of each doll, imaginatively because theres a data port there for transferring your dolls personality profile to a new unit, practically so it would stay put for the pictures lol.

Typing this out, I should have made them hold hands, but that would have probably made me cry or something lol.

I went and had lunch for an hour as I told myself this is how long the transfer process would take, but also to mull the process over as I was understandably feeling some emotions about replacing my first doll, having just received the new JY169 and it still feeling quite foreign.

The role play must have helped because by that night I was able to view the JY153 as an empty shell, like a computer without an Operating System, and the new JY169 as the new look of my old friend and partner Fayleen. Upgrade successful!

Anyways, thats for reading/skimming over, and I’m glad to be here!

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: A Geeky Introduction

Post by gogodolls »

Welcome to the TDF Dolltopsy and Fayleen 2.0! :multi:

Really glad to have you among us now and thanks for sharing your story! :thumbs_up: Very interesting! I read that other members had the same kind of "emotional" experience when they replaced their doll, even with an identical one! :scatter: And I can understand because I have two identical heads (different hair and makeup) but I'm still torn inside... is it the same girl or not? 👸👸 :? :D

Hope to see pictures of your beautiful Fayleen! :angel: 📷💖
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by the living tribunal »

Welcome to TDF Dolltopsy and Fayleen :thumbs_up: I have done the same thing with my Kimber, but prefer sorcery to tech :mrgreen:

(IEEE 1394! Bloody Hell, is that still a thing :razz:)

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Hi Dolltopsy! :)

I love how your doll went from one body to another.
Mine (Saaskiya) had to go from one body to no body. She made it on her own and then her head went across the world to me.
These dolls are more resourceful than one would think before knowing them. :thumbs_up:
Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

I was called a "Gentleman Geek" by a girl once. Pretty sure we had a thing going, but I didn't start a relationship...

Oh hello by the way.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Dolltopsy
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dolltopsy »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
the living tribunal wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:19 am(IEEE 1394! Bloody Hell, is that still a thing :razz:)
It was the first cable I grabbed out of my “I plan to recycle/donate these some day” grab bag lol.
gogodolls wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:18 am
Hope to see pictures of your beautiful Fayleen! :angel: 📷💖
Cheers! :glou:
Maybe, once I’ve unlocked the ability to post pictures!
4891d wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:46 amShe made it on her own and then her head went across the world to me.
These dolls are more resourceful than one would think before knowing them. :thumbs_up:
Very Interesting!
Socratus wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:56 pm I was called a "Gentleman Geek" by a girl once. Pretty sure we had a thing going, but I didn't start a relationship…
lol!

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

Hi Dolltopsy! Welcome To Forum! :glou:

🚪 Dollmans Cabinet:__________ viewtopic.php?t=155843

INFORMATIONS