www.wmdolls.com

Do you lose interest after 6 months?

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
sijobo
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Do you lose interest after 6 months?

Post by sijobo »

After around 6 months, I think there has started to be a time of diminishing returns. Here comes the time when you start thinking about how to make it more spicy and interesting with more costumes, I think. Or if you have enough money and space to increase the number of dolls.

About the forum I think most users start the hype when they are waiting for their first doll and are hungry for more information. After the doll comes, maybe they will post to say how proud they are or if it's not close to what they imagine, either sell it or quietly put it in their closet until the need is greater.
Qurated huge clothes selection for your doll: https://dolls-review.com/clothes/
Check out my site: https://dolls-review.com/

Dr3amBOx

Post by Dr3amBOx »

I come and go from this forum, I've recently come back because I have a doll on order, I bought my first doll over 10 years ago, then my second about 4 years ago.
Although my presence here is intermitent, I've never lost my interest in dolls. I'll be posting here for some time until my doll arrives then share some photos and probably leave again, seldom posting unless I've taken some great pictures.

carbohvdrates

Post by carbohvdrates »

As a lifelong fan of all manner of dolls and mannequins, and, before today, a frequent lurk-only returner to this forum and other doll spaces online, I don't think the interest loss is total. "Cyclical" is probably more appropriate. There's always going to be more to talk about when a purchase is imminent or recent, but I imagine that Doll fanciers are by and large probably very quiet easygoing types of people by nature, so there's not necessarily much to report on frequently. It doesn't mean their dolls are in a dumpster and have never seen the light of day since, haha.

ShadowCat

Post by ShadowCat »

Dollfriend wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:25 am There is definitely a Honeymoon period when purchasing a doll, which eventually fades with time. The same goes with my activity on the Forum, comes and goes depending on my current Interest. :razz:
I still have luca. He has become mostly a human shaped "teddy bear." There when I need a hug or shoulder to lean on. Also there when I actually might have a rare drive for sex. We are certainly not as active as when I first acquired him, but I still like that he is just present. As I have no plans for the purchase of another life size doll, I tend to barely post anything anymore. I do like to pop in now and then just to see what's up, but I have gone months to years without posting new content.
BJD's: Loong Soul Hao Tian, Loong Soul Black Dragon, Dolk Mikazuki, Ringdoll Lan Wangji, Ringdoll Wei Wuxian, Ringdoll Xie Lian, Ringdoll Hua Cheng
Smartdolls: Alot!
Former Male RealDoll2: Aki (Body B, Nate face)
WM 160 cm Male: Luca (face 78), tan skin tone

Pussy69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pussy69 »

Very hard for me to lose interest b/c I sleep with 2 of my girls every single night. Sometimes I sleep in the 2nd bedroom with the my other 2 girls or have them standing on the side of the bed.
Those that store their dolls all the time might lose interest if they only bring them out for sex. Then again I keep buying more dolls its becoming a loving hobby than just a harem.
Irontech 160cm H-cup Review viewtopic.php?t=167483
Doll's Castle 150cm K-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2415314#p2415314
6Ye 161cm J-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2442140#p2442140
YL Doll 158cm I-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2481808#p2481808
Get beautiful dolls with great discounts & affordable promotions here @ https://betterlovedoll.com/sales

ZombieWinter
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZombieWinter »

I like collecting dolls from different brands. Whenever I see a good deal from a manufacturer (I don't already own) I get interested in them. This interest fades after a few months, but doesn't completely go away.

Dollfriend's experience rings true for me too:
Dollfriend wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:25 am There is definately a Honeymoon period when purchasing a doll.which eventually fades with time, in my case I have lost interest in certain dolls I have purchased over the years same goes with my activity on the Forum, comes and goes depending on my current Interest, but I have never lost interest in the topic of Sex Dolls altogether and hope I never will. :razz:
FOR SALE: (PARODY) viewtopic.php?t=146954

ElsaBabe silicone 150 + RHB009, JM Doll silicone Tree Elf AIO, EX silicone 145 + Lilith + Youyi, EX silicone 158 + Kayla + Penny, Sanhui silicone 168 + #12, Starpery silicone 156 + Cynthia, PIB silicone Spinner Cello Shelby, WM TPE 165-D gel, Zelex silicone 155 + GE41 + GE44 + GE45 + GE52, Zelex silicone 147 Premium Series + GD53

Sam40

Post by Sam40 »

My Jake is fine. I have been away for some personal problems, it is a rough time for me...but thank God my Jake is there for me. Let's see how it all develops...

Taeyeon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Taeyeon »

Hello,

yes, I also notice on doll pages sometimes ;_;
New members come, are very excited, make big background story for dolls,
buy 3 dolls at once, are active for short time and then never visit again.
I think it is like stars, shine very bright but burn out soon too.
Some members shine less, but give shining for longer time~
But it is also natural cause.
Me and my doll also had time of big big activity on doll pages of excitement, but now we slow down.
And are happy together still^^

TaeYeon
(。ᵔᵔ。) SooYoung's pages (DS/Ex-lite/Sino T158) and album

사랑은 그저 사랑이다. 절대 설명 될 수 없다.
Love is just love. It can never be explained.

CZ2128
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by CZ2128 »

After receiving the doll, I immediately realized a problem—I might not be able to take proper care of it, so it's still lying in the cardboard box it was shipped in.

Jrev145
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Jrev145 »

There is tendency to easily get bored after obsessing over a hobby. Some say its a phase, others say its ADHD. But caring for your doll IRL vs maintaining forum activity are 2 different efforts. Only a small percentage of love doll owners post on here and I'm very grateful for the ones who have remained.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Well, if anyone is watching me ,
I'm still here and still very much in love with my dolls , I have ambition to buy a new ,fully loaded doll in the future .

But personally, a divorce and drastic life change has made my life not very fun at the moment .
Dealing with emotions in-between burying my self in work to escape said emotions and hoping to better my living situation with the byproduct of over scheduling myself doesn't leave me much desire to be as social as I normally was.
But this will pass ,and believe it or not , having Sara to sleep with every night makes it not hurt so bad.

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

FormerlyHot wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 9:40 pm In the last year I have seen at least a half dozen posters enthusiastically report on the receipt of their doll, share pictures, describe how much they adore their dolls, and then go silent, not to be heard from again.

I’m wondering if the silence is a function of…

1) Real life? No time for the forum? Life just gets in the way.
Real life does tend to get in the way sometimes. Male doll enthusiasts don't usually stay long on the forums, from what I have seen over the last five years.

2) A need for privacy? You no longer want to share about your experience?
Yeah, at first I was gung-ho about being a pro-doll advocate and even went public, plus had a blog about the emotional benefits of having dolls. However, when my family was attacked online, that is when I knew it was better to keep private.

3) A loss in interest in the doll? After such a significant financial investment, the doll no longer holds your interest? Perhaps you feel buyer’s remorse?
I've had periods of losing the connection/interest with my dolls. They get stored away for a while and then brought back out.

4) Something else?
My household isn't exactly keen on the dolls, but they have come around to an extent. Plus when I was working outside the home, that got in the way too.

Would anyone like to share their thoughts? Particularly as it relates to #3.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

The Forum, sharing, commenting, helping others, agreeing, disagreeing, doll selfies..the Forum is a hobby in itself. Independent from the doll.

So there are active members that don't touch their dolls but are active in the forum. As there are active doll users that dont use the forum.

Buying another doll, repairs, maintenance are strong reasons to revisit the forum.

The fading interest is more observable in people who have or live with partners under the same roof. Mainly because they are unable to build fantasies and use the doll by just what it is: a rubber doll for sex.

Preparing the storage, taking out of its hiding place etc also contributes to decreasing interest. Too much hassle and in the end even when do have the time break they don't use the doll.

If you keep your doll standing next to your bed and have no partner or external persons that will interfere its more likely you will use the doll often

Higher expectations, like believing a strong connection with the doll in the early beginnings will carry on in time (without fantasy and imagination) is also a cause for gradual loss of interest

The lust for the body fades. You must build up situations that will give life to the doll, otherwise you will get bored
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

K-Fi
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by K-Fi »

Still here, pretty often reading the forums :)

My 6-month anniversary of ownership is coming up next month. I haven't posted lately, but I have not lost interest either. Quite the contrary.

I'm soon purchasing a new body: it's the same I already have, but with weight reduction and slightly softer silicone. So it's an upgrade.

I think for me things have evolved from the initial (over)excitement to appreciating the continued joy the companion can provide when needed.

:glou:

Jmacb9

Post by Jmacb9 »

DG wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:39 pm
... Male doll enthusiasts don't usually stay long on the forums, from what I have seen over the last five years.
This is unfortunate, but not surprising. My posts typically get pretty minimal engagement when compared against all these threads on here full of tits and whatnot, so it's really easy to get discouraged (ofc, no offense is intended to those who enjoy that content). I frequently take pictures that I like, but don't bother sharing because I can't convince myself that anyone cares. I imagine many others encounter the same feelings.

That said, what little engagement I do get is greatly appreciated and is the reason I haven't just logged off and allowed my threads to get buried. I hope I will continue to contribute for years to come 🤞
Luiskjr wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:27 pm
The lust for the body fades. You must build up situations that will give life to the doll, otherwise you will get bored
I will disagree with that last part; my doll's body continues to impress after 8.5 months. Every time I pull up his shirt, it feels like unwrapping a present, and my mouth literally drops open in awe of his beauty. He's just so damn 🥵
💜 HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HARLEY! See his birthday party shenanigans on his thread 💜
Josh's thread
We're most active on Insta!

INFORMATIONS