www.wmdolls.com

Most likely a scam, but is it?

List of buyer beware warnings and fraud/theft alerts are all posted here.
Forum rules
Do not post unsupported claims regarding people, products, or businesses (Rule 10 of the RoC).
cho0senjuan
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Most likely a scam, but is it?

Post by cho0senjuan »

Hi y'all, new to the forum.
I made this account because I wanted to garner some perspective.
Currently, I am pretty broke, but I have also been wanting a doll in order to combat my touch starvation and general loneliness...

I found this link and there's only 1 left. I've been wanting this Isla doll for a while now and seeing her on ebay for $350 ballpark range really caught my eye.

Here is the link, please tell me what you all think.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/364436264867?h ... BM4Ojh0vFi

Now with that said, I have never purchased a doll before and I am extremely hesitant for a lot of reasons. If they were like $50 a pop then sure I would get one no problem. but most are several grand. I just simply dont have that kinda money and I was hoping this link was legit so that I could have a good, cheap, beginner doll... especially one of the same kind that I have had my eye on for a while now (Isla) 8O

cho0senjuan
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Most likely a scam, but is it?

Post by cho0senjuan »

Bump

Bare48
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Bare48 »

It's probably not a scam but for that price you shouldn't be expecting good quality. It's also pretty heavy for that small size. She definitely looks bigger in the photos than she will look in real life. Check the measurements and weight before you buy.

Considering the price it looks decent and reading the feedbacks most people seem satisfied. Good luck.

koaplayer1998
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by koaplayer1998 »

See if that seller will send you actual factory (or otherwise) photos of what you will actually receive, NOT website "production" (with professional makeup, clothing, lighting, etc.) photos, which are normally shot under the best conditions possible (for maximum sales impact). If it is a reputable seller, they should have NO PROBLEM doing so. If they ignore your request or decline it, that is a HUGE RED FLAG in my book.

Having said that, when I was looking at options for getting my first synthetic girl a few months back, that particular seller was one that I contacted and asked to send me factory photos (because I had read that a lot of ebay sellers will send something less quality than what is presented in photos) and he did send me some. He sells on ebay under a few different listing names ("herdringer2020" and "shiningsale" were the two seller listings that I came across and was interested in), but his contact name in messaging about both dolls was "Wang Sukei." They looked like they were good quality, but I ended up finding something else I liked much better.

ALWAYS be extra-careful, if you are not purchasing from a reputable, TDF-approved vendor and buying from a private individual market (ebay, etc.)!
Meet Isabella Maria, my Firedoll 166C, #43
Acquired via the awesome Zexy Dolls matchmaking agency
Isa's arrival home: Friday, October 6, 2023
Big fan of Coeros products
Link to our doll-connection poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to our owners' age poll here (PLEASE VOTE!)
Link to join our Firedoll worldwide family album

MashiMaron

Post by MashiMaron »

I don’t think you will get a quality doll. Most doll are over the 1000€ or usd. And IF you will recieved the same doll as on the picture. Next question is how legit is the doll. Duno wich brand the doll maker from. And if it’s silicone or tpe I don’t know what kind of mixture they be using. And last thing it could be a replica from a legit doll maker. But if I was you once you receive your doll at home post some picture or contact the real maker of the brand

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Looking at the pics, the doll didn't look like 60" to me, then I found this from his feedback profile: :whistle:
Screenshot 2023-11-04 3.24.55 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-11-04 3.24.55 PM.png (38.75 KiB) Viewed 1689 times

toddjy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by toddjy »

$350? It's a scam. You will not get anything like what you are hoping for. I would be surprised if you actually got anything, but it is possible.

metrax

Post by metrax »

Stolen pics from a 2000+$ silicon doll.
Happy in doll heaven

Cubiko
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Cubiko »

The doll in the photos is an YL Doll: viewtopic.php?t=158790

Pussy69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pussy69 »

I just gotta say life sized sex dolls on Ebay is a red flag by default. Stolen pics is how they get ppl then its the low pricing.
For a $350 budget that would fit well for a torso doll with possible discounts.
Irontech 160cm H-cup Review viewtopic.php?t=167483
Doll's Castle 150cm K-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2415314#p2415314
6Ye 161cm J-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2442140#p2442140
YL Doll 158cm I-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2481808#p2481808
Get beautiful dolls with great discounts & affordable promotions here @ https://betterlovedoll.com/sales

anon4231

Post by anon4231 »

For what it's worth, I bought this "brand" of doll and the stated measurements are similar to the ones listed for mine. She was indeed small - 140cm - and the body was weird and lanky, and the "jelly" breasts are harder than the silicone gel breasts on my new doll, and... :razz:

The traditional suggestion for a starter full-sized doll is a Kimber. She's only about twice as expensive, and you're getting a certain level of inherent quality for the price. You're also getting a certain level of support - if you have a problem with a cheap doll, you're shit out of luck. If you buy direct from Kimber, they'll presumably work with you to solve any issues. Because they're an established vendor and have a reputation to uphold, you can be certain that you're actually going to get what you see within a reasonable (i.e. small) amount of variance, and you can be certain that they'll try to work with you if there's an issue.

Also, "1 left" on the eBay listing is a damned lie. They've got stacks of the fucking things in a warehouse over in California, lol - it's a trick to get you to impulse buy.

If you can go into it expecting to lose your money, you can certainly try it. If the choice is "cheap doll for no more than $350" or "imma suck start a shotgun," please try the doll first. If you can swing a bit more budget, get a Kimber. Note that "do you like the looks" doesn't come into play here - the reason for that is that you don't know what you're getting with an eBay doll. I got lucky, you may not.

Pros:
- You'll probably get a doll. I do wonder if the "you'll get a blow-up doll" scam is still running, with uber-cheap dolls like this available - seems like most posts of that nature are from 5+ years ago. With that said, there's a more recent post here that shows some of the "photos vs. actual product" comparisons of eBay dolls - viewtopic.php?t=164062 - that I really wish I'd seen before I bought one.
- 140cm actually makes for a decent cuddlebuddy, even though I didn't think so at first. I definitely sympathize with your situation, and even a cheap doll was a massive improvement to my mental health.

Cons:
- She's not going to look like the pic. For my part, mine had pics from (probably) a Starpery 159C. You can compare the attached pics below with that model from any website, lol
- More specifically, you're DEFINITELY not getting the head detail that you see in the pictures. The heads are TPE, and you're going cheap. They won't be horrible, but you can absolutely do better.
- You won't get nearly the quality you would from buying from a good and established manufacturer. You get what you pay for. The skeleton might be stiff or loose, the wig might be what you wanted or something different, the eyes may or may not be the same color as in the picture, the love holes may not be properly sealed, etc. etc. They're mass-produced by the lowest bidder.

This is the body type:
20231018_133634.jpg
20231018_133634.jpg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 810 times
And this is what the body looks like dressed with head and an aftermarket wig. Note the thin limbs being the major problem making her look "young" - if you hide her figure in any way, it's going to look weird.
20231019_091735.jpg
20231019_091735.jpg (1.67 MiB) Viewed 810 times
Luna: <cheap brand> 140I. But you always love your first forever...
Lena: Normon 163F! Unboxing

Kreamsoda

Post by Kreamsoda »

im looking to get into something, first purchase. that pink hair one for 350 seems decent. any idea where i might look for oine?

INFORMATIONS