www.wmdolls.com

Color variation

WM dolls was establish on 2012, we have own production base (located center of Greater Bay Area, Guangdong, China), which is one of the most professional and the biggest factory of realistic sex dolls in the world.
As pioneered TPE used and many famous brands' dolls manufacturer, We have been focusing on customer experience, and continue to work hard to develop new functions for dolls.
We have many patents and independently developed exclusive functions, Such as Breathing feature, Ball Joints Hand Skeleton, Real Oral Sex(ROS) Head, etc.
Ben There
Active Poster
Active Poster

Color variation

Post by Ben There »

I purchased a 164f and a 174g last year
I just purchased a 160a
All tan
Holy cow they are different colors
So much for swapping old heads with new
Attachments
DSC_0001.JPG
DSC_0001.JPG (11.82 MiB) Viewed 1437 times

Knightshift
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Color variation

Post by Knightshift »

Same brand of doll from same vendor? If so, then perhaps a variance in the dye pigment used to color the TPE would be my guess.
The first five days after the weekend are always the hardest.

Celtic_Babog
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Celtic_Babog »

Yup I've encountered this a lot with WM/YL. It's very annoying.

The reason I'm told is because the colour is mixed by hand so variations happen from day to day.

Not much good to us tho if we expect tan and get something closer to light tan 🤷‍♂️
I used to think that my life was a tragedy, but now I realise, its a fucking comedy 🥲

👉 Review of Irontech 160cm silicone doll.👈

Ben There
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Ben There »

Yep. Same brand, same vender.
WM and Annie's
I like the newer color

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Yeah, color varies one pour to the next. Kind of like yarn. At least with yarn they give the dye lot number. With TPE it's cross your fingers and hope for the best. I ordered a custom skin tone for my WM. Nothing drastic just a shade in between those offered at the time. They did a great job, but I don't have a prayer of matching it again.

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

I can relate: I ordered another (identical) head from WM for Erik. It arrived a week ago. His body is the fair skin tone, so that's what I ordered for the head. But it doesn't match up: the head has a more pink tone to it than his body. My guess is that the amount of TPE and pigment aren't measured before they're mixed and it's done by estimation - which leads to a slightly different skin tone each time.
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

WM dolls
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by WM dolls »

Ben There wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:31 pm I purchased a 164f and a 174g last year
I just purchased a 160a
All tan
Holy cow they are different colors
So much for swapping old heads with new
Hi, Dear Ben There

Because the color of TPE material is manually mixed, it is almost difficult to maintain a completely consistent color during mixing. So there will be a slight color difference.

Best regards,

WM DOLLS

shyted
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by shyted »

WM should look into making color mixing more consistent instead of manual mixing. Maybe there are techniques which can be borrowed from other industries who face the same issue. For example when buying paint, the user can pick from swatch of colors and the paint mixing machine can mix approximately the same color.

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

shyted wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:38 pm WM should look into making color mixing more consistent instead of manual mixing. Maybe there are techniques which can be borrowed from other industries who face the same issue. For example when buying paint, the user can pick from swatch of colors and the paint mixing machine can mix approximately the same color.
Heck it doesn't just approximate it, it will be exactly the same. They're designed to give you the same colour time after time.

That said, I'm not sure it'll work on dolls because I'm guessing the volume of TPE is harder to control than a tin of paint. Paint is always a fixed volume so it's easy to mix in the precise amount of colour needed. Not sure that's the case with TPE.

Mamilla

Post by Mamilla »

You can't tell me there isn't a machine that can add the exact right amount of dye to a TPE mixture. This shouldn't happen in 2023. Especially in this business.
The List:
Dolls Castle 150K
ZX160J,
FJ 145,
WM164J, WM150M
HR164,
JY159,
LushDoll 153E

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Mamilla wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:30 am You can't tell me there isn't a machine that can add the exact right amount of dye to a TPE mixture. This shouldn't happen in 2023. Especially in this business.
This.gif
This.gif (57.38 KiB) Viewed 759 times
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

INFORMATIONS