Starpery.com

Require some help

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
AIMD

Require some help

Post by AIMD »

Took one of those small souvenir spoons, cut it, and attached it to a 60w soldering iron and cranked the heat to 450°. The intention was to melt TPE and pour but it did not work out. Any suggestions?
What it did do was create a nice surface repair on a cut and works well for making smooth openings. The TPE is extra I experiment with.
Materials.
Materials.
20231127_133536.jpg (342.8 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Spoon attached with copper wire
Spoon attached with copper wire
20231127_134419.jpg (277.93 KiB) Viewed 794 times
TPE not melting properly
TPE not melting properly
20231127_135601.jpg (308.57 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Cut
Cut
20231127_135805.jpg (537.59 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Smoothing
Smoothing
20231127_135933.jpg (561.37 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Completed repair
Completed repair
20231127_140008.jpg (604.28 KiB) Viewed 794 times
Any ideas I may present, as long as they do not infringe on prior works, are open source and may not be encumbered/patented in any manner.

Synthian
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Require some help

Post by Synthian »

For small wounds like that, I use Coeros tpe paste pre-color and goes on cold. You can heat it to finish it if you like though with a hot air blower.
https://www.coeros.com/product/tpe-sex-doll-paste/
Whether it be Human or Synthetic, love is love.

Evelyn's videos
viewtopic.php?t=168857

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

Synthian wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:02 am For small wounds like that, I use Coeros tpe paste pre-color and goes on cold. You can heat it to finish it if you like though with a hot air blower.
https://www.coeros.com/product/tpe-sex-doll-paste/
I make my own tpe paste so it's not an issue. What I'm trying to do is heat repairs with on demand melted TPE for larger repairs in a way that doesn't require three hands. The iron/spoon as it is now is good for smoothing and finishing work, but not for melting TPE as I would like.
Any ideas I may present, as long as they do not infringe on prior works, are open source and may not be encumbered/patented in any manner.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The spoon's large surface area is working against the melting temperature being pumped into it
Maybe a bit of extra from a heat gun will get you over the line :whistle:

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

A steel spoon will not transfer the amount of heat required to melt TPE with an electric soldering iron.
Even getting a spoon hot enough to smooth TPE requires a fair bit of heat. I use a chef's butane blowtorch to heat spoons. More recently I have been using a leather iron. Perfect for smoothing. Look them up on Amazon or eBay.
Tyr.
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

seagull wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:51 pm The spoon's large surface area is working against the melting temperature being pumped into it
Maybe a bit of extra from a heat gun will get you over the line :whistle:
I ended up using a heat gun in the experiment just like you said. What I would like is using the heat gun on the body and dripping molten TPE into the wounds, using only two hands and without having to switch back and forth between spoon and body. Once the heat gun was removed from the spoon the TPE became more solid-like. Have to figure out a better heat source.

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

Tyr wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:02 pm A steel spoon will not transfer the amount of heat required to melt TPE with an electric soldering iron.
Even getting a spoon hot enough to smooth TPE requires a fair bit of heat. I use a chef's butane blowtorch to heat spoons. More recently I have been using a leather iron. Perfect for smoothing. Look them up on Amazon or eBay.
Tyr.
The spoon is brass so I was hoping it would transfer heat better. The leather iron inspired this experiment but I like to use materials available locally and as for smoothing the spoon/iron combination seems to work. Just need a better heat source.

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

I used an old beefier soldering iron with a 47.5 watt tip and it works. The TPE melts fairly quickly allowing for a pour. I think the newer soldering irons for modern electronics might not have the power like the old ones.
Melted TPE
Melted TPE
20231129_213219.jpg (594.63 KiB) Viewed 631 times

Tyr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Tyr »

That looks like a proper beast! Glad it's doing what you want. :thumbs_up:
“We’ve always been vulnerable. Every day you go out the house, you’re vulnerable. You’re inches from diving under a bus or somebody hitting you over the head for your money. Nothing is safe. Everybody seems to be obsessed with safety. Well, nothing is safe, okay? Nothing! Make the most of it while you’re safe now. You won’t be tomorrow, maybe.”
The Late, Great, Ian Fraser Kilminster.

My 'e' key is getting sticky, so now and thn words may look a bit odd.

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

Modified the soldering iron/spoon. Cut a slot in the copper tip for the soldering unit, inserted the spoon, drilled a hole through both, and used a copper wire as a sort of rivet. Much better heat transfer and no movement. PLUS, once your done you can heat up your coffee by just stirring! Win-win!! :bday:
20231222_000053.jpg
20231222_000053.jpg (518.84 KiB) Viewed 423 times
20231221_235807.jpg
20231221_235807.jpg (255.3 KiB) Viewed 423 times
20231221_235755.jpg
20231221_235755.jpg (290.09 KiB) Viewed 423 times
20231221_235118.jpg
20231221_235118.jpg (434.38 KiB) Viewed 423 times
20231221_234400.jpg
20231221_234400.jpg (424.18 KiB) Viewed 423 times
20231221_234234.jpg
20231221_234234.jpg (422.89 KiB) Viewed 423 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

PLUS, once your done you can heat up your coffee by just stirring!
I'm not into hot coffee but even if I was, Hell no! :haha4:

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Your tool looks good, but the melting TPE and pouring it into a wound will be a challenge.

This is due to TPE not being a really good heat conductor. More details about it HERE (viewtopic.php?p=2235322)
An effective alternative is to melt the TPE in the actual wound.

One method is to use a small blade (like the razor blade adapter for your iron) to melt the internal edges of the wound to seal them up.
Another it to place small slivers of TPE in the wound, then use the hot micro blade to melt that TPE in place. It liquefies and results in a good bond.

The common failure on melt pour TPE or surface heat on a cut is that it only make a surface bond that looks good but is not deep.
Maybe a mm or so from the surface is bonded, but deeper is still open. So when moved the lower part opens up, applies stress to the repair and it fails. :(
Getting a good solid bond as deep as possible avoids this.

Keep up the good work on the home made tools!

Cheers!
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

AIMD

Post by AIMD »

Wheezer wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:03 am Another it to place small slivers of TPE in the wound, then use the hot micro blade to melt that TPE in place. It liquefies and results in a good bond.
Yes, thank you, this I have found out through experimentation. The heated spoon might be good for cast-in-place or creating melted TPE layers for merkins, eyelids, vaginal lips, etc. Another thing I found is with the texturing tool I made in another post is if you create a small copper/aluminum loop and place TPE in it you have a mini crucible for melting TPE on demand.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

I saw that thread and like the home made tooling.
Small and efficient to do detailed doll work.

Very nice.
...W...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Pussy69
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Pussy69 »

I used the cheapest heat gun from Lowe’s on default settings and just smooth out the TPE as it heated to repair the scuffs on her foot. Just gotta make sure there’s baby oil on that area before heating.
Irontech 160cm H-cup Review viewtopic.php?t=167483
Doll's Castle 150cm K-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2415314#p2415314
6Ye 161cm J-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2442140#p2442140
YL Doll 158cm I-cup Review viewtopic.php?p=2481808#p2481808
Get beautiful dolls with great discounts & affordable promotions here @ https://betterlovedoll.com/sales

INFORMATIONS