realsexdoll.com

Hi, I've been lurking but decided to join

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

EmmD
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Hi, I've been lurking but decided to join

Post by EmmD »

Hi! What can I say, I have learned a lot here and finally decided to join so first thing I want to say is thanks!

I got my doll not long ago and she's lovely but I've been nervous about moving her much since I had a few accidents so I'm still learning about taking proper care of her and storing her safely. :oops: I got a 168cm Game Lady with Heads No. 8 and 13. This has been quite the experience, looking forward to learn more! :D

hiya99
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Hi, I've been lurking but decided to join

Post by hiya99 »

Welcome! I was also lurking for a good 6 months before making my first post a few days ago. haha.

guru meditation

Post by guru meditation »

Hi and welcome to TDF :)

There is no need to be nervous about moving dolls around. Just need to find ways which feel easy for yourself. Then you can focus on the surroundings better and not bump her to anything. However every move should start with some planning... Figure out where you're gonna take her and in what pose she needs to be at that point. Open doors and clear the path if needed.

Personally I almost always carry my dolls on my lap because it is most effortless and can see them entirely during the whole time. Before picking her up, I rotate her arms up from elbows so that the hands and fingers are on her front side somewhere above belly. Then lift the legs up to convenient angle and rotate knees back down some. Finally turn her neck up some, specially if head is locked only with a quick connect bolt. At this pose it is very easy to slide your other hand behind her back (specially if you place your other hand to her knees and push down gently) and other hand under her thighs/knees. Perfect and very secure pose for carrying...

Other rather safe method is using office chair (with wheels on it). You can get her to that easiest by doing exactly what is explained above.

And obviously if she is already standing, bear hug always works... Just be really careful with her hands and fingers with this one. What you can't see, you can break...

What I have always found most difficult is getting a doll from laying (default) pose to standing pose. Lifting her up to her feet so that the foot bolt makes contact with the ground 1st is always bit challenging. Protective socks and/or shoes help, but if you're really worried bout her feet, would recommend using some really soft towel/pillow/rug at the initial contact point specially if feeling the need to use her heels as pivot point.

...and when eventually some small accidents happen and some cosmetic damage may occur, this forum has plenty of people who will happily guide ways to fix them. Just always pay extra attention to her head and fingers as those are the parts which are most difficult to fix. Doable but wouldn't want to start there :)
Jenny (UFD Carmen, review)
Lara (WM EVO140D/36 from Yourdoll)
Orla (Irontech Gymnast Victoria 150 from Yourdoll)

Podium_Teas
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Podium_Teas »

Welcome to TDF!
I can relate being new myself, but moving her really becomes easier with time and practice. I have a 172 (WM) and the first week was a learning experience for sure. But once you are over the "Im going to break her, Im going to break her!" and you figure out how to "bend" her to roll her, lift her, and place her you'll be in a much more confident place. Id rather spend some extra time pre-posing her a safe place before carrying her to wherever Im going to place her to avoid accidents. Fingers are my only real concern now. They need constant attention when moving, rolling, placing and carrying her around.

Good luck, hope we get to see some shots of your girl in the future :)
🫦 Hana's photoshoots:

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

Welcome to the TDF EmmD! :multi: It's a wonderful place to be! Glad to have you among us! :thumbs_up:

Enjoy the ride with your new compagnon! :angel: 💫💖
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Vickylover »

Hi EmmD
Welcome to TDF. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new doll. The more you move and use her the quicker you will get use to it. Have you given her a name yet :?: Take care Vickylover.
My doll is SexyEmma a 6YE 165cm E cup.

EmmD
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by EmmD »

guru meditation wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:20 am Hi and welcome to TDF :)

There is no need to be nervous about moving dolls around. Just need to find ways which feel easy for yourself. Then you can focus on the surroundings better and not bump her to anything. However every move should start with some planning... Figure out where you're gonna take her and in what pose she needs to be at that point. Open doors and clear the path if needed.

Personally I almost always carry my dolls on my lap because it is most effortless and can see them entirely during the whole time. Before picking her up, I rotate her arms up from elbows so that the hands and fingers are on her front side somewhere above belly. Then lift the legs up to convenient angle and rotate knees back down some. Finally turn her neck up some, specially if head is locked only with a quick connect bolt. At this pose it is very easy to slide your other hand behind her back (specially if you place your other hand to her knees and push down gently) and other hand under her thighs/knees. Perfect and very secure pose for carrying...

Other rather safe method is using office chair (with wheels on it). You can get her to that easiest by doing exactly what is explained above.

And obviously if she is already standing, bear hug always works... Just be really careful with her hands and fingers with this one. What you can't see, you can break...

What I have always found most difficult is getting a doll from laying (default) pose to standing pose. Lifting her up to her feet so that the foot bolt makes contact with the ground 1st is always bit challenging. Protective socks and/or shoes help, but if you're really worried bout her feet, would recommend using some really soft towel/pillow/rug at the initial contact point specially if feeling the need to use her heels as pivot point.

...and when eventually some small accidents happen and some cosmetic damage may occur, this forum has plenty of people who will happily guide ways to fix them. Just always pay extra attention to her head and fingers as those are the parts which are most difficult to fix. Doable but wouldn't want to start there :)
Thank you! Yes, I've been keeping her standing when I store her, laying her back on the foam she came in with for now. Bearhugging her when I move her and using a rug so I don't mess her feet, also tried using an office chair too. The accidents so far have been with the hands, the metal on the tip of 2 fingers of her right hand have poked through the silicone. And her falling from the bed on her side and front when trying to dress her. I've been very clumsy and hitting myself for damaging/breaking her in such a short time. :oops: :puppydogeyes:

And yeah it's been a learning experience, I'm sure with time and practice It'll be easier for me. Thank you for the tips, I appreciate it!

EmmD
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by EmmD »

Podium_Teas wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:41 am Welcome to TDF!
I can relate being new myself, but moving her really becomes easier with time and practice. I have a 172 (WM) and the first week was a learning experience for sure. But once you are over the "Im going to break her, Im going to break her!" and you figure out how to "bend" her to roll her, lift her, and place her you'll be in a much more confident place. Id rather spend some extra time pre-posing her a safe place before carrying her to wherever Im going to place her to avoid accidents. Fingers are my only real concern now. They need constant attention when moving, rolling, placing and carrying her around.

Sadly, I already broke her fingers a bit while moving her. :( I'm being super careful when moving her though now and figuring things out. :cry: Slow and steady. Thanks!

EmmD
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by EmmD »

gogodolls wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:56 am Welcome to the TDF EmmD! :multi: It's a wonderful place to be! Glad to have you among us! :thumbs_up:

Enjoy the ride with your new compagnon! :angel: 💫💖
Cheers! :glou:
Vickylover wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:02 am Hi EmmD
Welcome to TDF. Glad to hear you are enjoying your new doll. The more you move and use her the quicker you will get use to it. Have you given her a name yet :?: Take care Vickylover.
No names yet, I'll stick when her character's names for now. Ada and Quiet. :)

Thank you for the warm welcomes everyone! Cheers! :multi:

Ben_Dover
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Ben_Dover »

EmmD wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:48 pm
Podium_Teas wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:41 am Welcome to TDF!

Sadly, I already broke her fingers a bit while moving her. :( I'm being super careful when moving her though now and figuring things out. :cry: Slow and steady. Thanks!
I'm new myself as well. I've managed to crash a brand new car on the first day of ownership. Hopefully I'll have better luck with my first unboxing.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Welcome! 8) :glou: Yeah (long time) lurking is pretty common for most members here I guess. :mrgreen: "Guest" ratio though is still high as it seems. We´ll get them in here sooner or later as well. :lol:

INFORMATIONS