betterlovedoll.com

REQUEST: Forum background and text font color

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

REQUEST: Forum background and text font color

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Greetings. :) Can an option for forum background and text font color beeing added (Not color swatch)? Or didn´t I find any such forum function yet? Thanks. 8)

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Re: REQUEST: Forum background and text font color

Post by Tsall »

Not sure if I understand you correct.

Do you want to change the overall look of TDF?
Do you know the small brush icon on the top right below "Unread posts"? And the lamp beside it? That allows at least a little variety.
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Tsall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:13 am Not sure if I understand you correct.

Do you want to change the overall look of TDF?
Do you know the small brush icon on the top right below "Unread posts"? And the lamp beside it? That allows at least a little variety.
hey Tsall 8) Something similar to dark (or reverse) mode. Black background and white (or colored) text. Those forum areas currently beeing unaffected from "color swatch" (that small brush that you mentioned, top right corner) Either a global "dark/color mode" switch for forum users or just the area a user does his/her posting in.

That mainly for 2 reasons:

1. All the white background is straining the eyes (mine are suffering at least)
2. Better and more colorful design options for the creative forum users. 8) :glou:

Random example from elsewhere:

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

Ah, you want a dark mode, why didn't you say that from the beginning. :)

Many months ago I tried to invert all colors in this theme. But it isn't just that. All icons and images need to be adjusted. And even worse, people make posts with different colors. Those need to be adjusted too or a dark red that is clearly visible on light background will be hardly readable on a dark background. This forum software has no support for altering colors on the fly in such a case.

An option to freely choose the background is even worse than offering a dark mode. It can happen that someone uses a background color that someone else uses to post. And bamm, nothing is readable.
In addition I have my doubts that this can be implemented easily.

So I'm very sorry, but this request is highly unlikely to ever get implemented.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Tsall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:23 pm Ah, you want a dark mode, why didn't you say that from the beginning. :)

Many months ago I tried to invert all colors in this theme. But it isn't just that. All icons and images need to be adjusted. And even worse, people make posts with different colors. Those need to be adjusted too or a dark red that is clearly visible on light background will be hardly readable on a dark background. This forum software has no support for altering colors on the fly in such a case.

An option to freely choose the background is even worse than offering a dark mode. It can happen that someone uses a background color that someone else uses to post. And bamm, nothing is readable.
In addition I have my doubts that this can be implemented easily.

So I'm very sorry, but this request is highly unlikely to ever get implemented.
Hehe... term came just to my mind later. :D

Yeah, I understand the issues although I know very little on forum design, codes and such. Just things I´ve seen in other forums the past 25 years or so. I always thought those things are beeing set in browser by end user. So if the end user can set and fix these things it should be fine? Say if I like a black background for a posting containing pics, then I set and fix this with the posting. Any reader won´t be able changing that to something else again. Would at least help my eyes when doing my own stuff. 8) So if any of that is doable, why not make a global forum poll on things like that? :) But otherwise, I´m likely not getting blind from all the white here. But limits my forum time. :glou:

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

I've heard of browser extensions inverting web sites. But never used anything like that. Maybe you do some research in that direction?

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Tsall wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:49 pm I've heard of browser extensions inverting web sites. But never used anything like that. Maybe you do some research in that direction?
Might be an idea, thanks. I´m using FF and there´s always lots of stuff for it. Thanks for answering! 8) :glou:

INFORMATIONS