sexyrealsexdolls.com

Wig does not stay on

Wigs, replacement eyebrows and eyelashes, and other hair related items.
TerrensAct

Wig does not stay on

Post by TerrensAct »

Is it normal that the wig is really hard to make it stay on ? It's the one that came with it. Anyone has tricks to make it stay on better ? Thanks

Siliconeman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Wig does not stay on

Post by Siliconeman »

TerrensAct wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:46 am Is it normal that the wig is really hard to make it stay on ? It's the one that came with it. Anyone has tricks to make it stay on better ? Thanks
Use six long pins to keep it in place. Two pins on her forehead, two on sides just in front of her ears and two at back.

I guarantee her wig stays on even with most heated moments.

Somebody surely suggests wig-caps but those things are useless!

Cheers!

Sili

seeifitsticks123

Post by seeifitsticks123 »

Are you using the elastic straps at the back of the wig? That should be all you need, unless you’re really throwing her around.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

The straps work OK sometimes, if you tighten then all the way. Unfortunately some doll heads are not the same size as human heads. Plus wigs are sometimes a bit big (to cover hair underneath).
Velcro wig bands work well to stabilize a well fitting wig. Check for those online.

Siliconeman is spot on with the pin suggestion. The wig is then physically attached to the head and won't move.
The best pins are round head or "pearl drop" pins. They don't pass through the wig backing and are easy to take out afterwards.
Just install pins, comb hair over them and done.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

FastEddie68

Post by FastEddie68 »

I use wig caps but I got 3 small safety pins in it bringing it in by about half inch so it is tighter to the head (as you say the heads are smaller than normal ) then if you got wigs with pins they under grip at the front still not perfect but reduced basic movement a lot, as for during sex I find it best to raise both the dolls arms up over her head so her forearms/elbows are pinning the hair in place. Nothing worse than when it falls off at that time real mood killer.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Wheezer wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 1:32 pm The straps work OK sometimes, if you tighten then all the way. Unfortunately some doll heads are not the same size as human heads. Plus wigs are sometimes a bit big (to cover hair underneath).
Velcro wig bands work well to stabilize a well fitting wig. Check for those online.

Siliconeman is spot on with the pin suggestion. The wig is then physically attached to the head and won't move.
The best pins are round head or "pearl drop" pins. They don't pass through the wig backing and are easy to take out afterwards.
Just install pins, comb hair over them and done.

Cheers!
... W ...
In fact there´s rarely doll heads that have human size, particularly when considering adult size (54cm circumference and up). Is asian human female heads smaller than in other parts of the world? I keep wondering that manufacturers largely neglect this topic. :?

Yeah... wigs falling of when you want it the least is PITA. :x But there´s wigs that never fall off in wildest of moments and the ones that fall off just when you look at the doll! :razz: Interestingly the best fitting ones is my two human hair wigs from brazil! They´ve perfect fit on my doll´s heads which are all factually all "undersize" (~52cm circumference, or hat size). Also they´re lace fronts and just need minor strap adjusting! If I´d the funds I´d replace all my wigs (15 to 20) with human hair wigs. But that would be the price of a new doll, so I refrain from that. :lol:

Siliconeman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Siliconeman »

Elastic straps at the back of the wig were mentioned. I find those totally useless as well. Usually those things just detach and begin hanging loose. I have started to cut those useless straps off of my wigs since the pins do the job.

When goin gets rough the pins are the only way to keep her hair on!

Cheers!

Sili

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

-Ragnar66- wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:35 pm In fact there´s rarely doll heads that have human size, particularly when considering adult size (54cm circumference and up). Is asian human female heads smaller than in other parts of the world? I keep wondering that manufacturers largely neglect this topic. :?

Yeah... wigs falling of when you want it the least is PITA. :x But there´s wigs that never fall off in wildest of moments and the ones that fall off just when you look at the doll! :razz: Interestingly the best fitting ones is my two human hair wigs from brazil! They´ve perfect fit on my doll´s heads which are all factually all "undersize" (~52cm circumference, or hat size). Also they´re lace fronts and just need minor strap adjusting! If I´d the funds I´d replace all my wigs (15 to 20) with human hair wigs. But that would be the price of a new doll, so I refrain from that. :lol:
You, my "go to" or favorite wigs are the "remy" or human hair wigs. If you track down a good supplier on AliExpress they are about $25 to $50 each but worth it. Not cheap, but much less than the wig houses. And those wig houses probably get them from the same source in China. :) As you said the lace front ones seems to be made to a bit higher standard and fit better. The worse ones seem to be either the ones shipped with the doll or the "Halloween wigs" for $3 - $5 dollars. Maybe good for a few uses but after that a real pain. Plus the real concern of head staining from a really cheap wig.

But the world of wigs is a very large and diverse universe, much bigger than dolls and the rest. That can become an entire hobby itself. As long as I get ones that look good, stay on and don't shed like a molting ferret then I'm happy. :)

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Wheezer wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:55 pm
-Ragnar66- wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:35 pm In fact there´s rarely doll heads that have human size, particularly when considering adult size (54cm circumference and up). Is asian human female heads smaller than in other parts of the world? I keep wondering that manufacturers largely neglect this topic. :?

You, my "go to" or favorite wigs are the "remy" or human hair wigs. If you track down a good supplier on AliExpress they are about $25 to $50 each but worth it. Not cheap, but much less than the wig houses. And those wig houses probably get them from the same source in China. :) As you said the lace front ones seems to be made to a bit higher standard and fit better. The worse ones seem to be either the ones shipped with the doll or the "Halloween wigs" for $3 - $5 dollars. Maybe good for a few uses but after that a real pain. Plus the real concern of head staining from a really cheap wig.

But the world of wigs is a very large and diverse universe, much bigger than dolls and the rest. That can become an entire hobby itself. As long as I get ones that look good, stay on and don't shed like a molting ferret then I'm happy. :)

Cheers!
... W ...
Could be I´ve a remy as well. Got to check on that again. It´s advertised as brazilian, but who knows. I don´t care if the smooth hair one is actually asian or else. It feels good, can be styled like any human hair and is excellent (tight) fit. 8) I´m exclusively buying amazon for which I´ve good experience overally. Maybe it´s more expensive most the times, but thus far I´d not regretted it. Usually I pay between ~50 to 100 $ , but I just buy lengths up to 30-40cm at max. And yeah.... the human hair ones are absolutely non shedders. So instead of buying 2 or 3 synthetics (though some are really good quality like my 25$ 60cm red hair wig 8) ) I rather buy one human hair. One drawback is couple colors and styles are fairly rare (blond and red) so they are the most expensive ones in case one finds some. BUT.... you can color them like one can do any other human hair normally. :)

art234
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by art234 »

Has anyone tried the silicone wig bands for keeping the wig on? It looks like a head/sweat band with little nubbies on it.

I saw them on ebay (wasn't sure if posting a link is allowed but just search for "silicone wig band" and a bunch will come up) and they come in different colors (which hopefully shouldn't matter if the wig is covering everything).

Might be a good option versus the "poking holes in the head" method. ;)

INFORMATIONS