funwestdoll.com

FWD Skin Tone matching to other Brands

Funwest Doll Products are created for fun, made to be super realistic, cuddled to fulfill your fantasy. As a manufacturer, Funwest Doll is dedicated to working with doll resellers as a wholesale supplier. We welcome and keep exploring the partnership with the local resellers worldwide. Website: http://www.funwestdoll.com
PetDlr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

FWD Skin Tone matching to other Brands

Post by PetDlr »

I have been talking with FWD regarding their skin tones and how they might match up with other brands. As we start seeing the reviews of the winners and hopefully soon customers, I would like to draw from their hands on experience with regard to what other manufactures skin tones FWDs 3 skin tones match up to the best. Obviously skin tone #3 is quite unique, so we are really just working with 2 color comparisons at the moment. I'm sure that this will prove helpful to many moving forward. Allowing for a more informed purchase and possibly more sales as we will have a clear idea of which skin tones will come the closest to a match between FWD and other brands.

As an example I currently have a Fair and Medium tone doll from WMD that I could use a FWD Body or head with. So knowing what skin tone would be similar to an existing doll would be very helpful and possibly encourage a purchase.

These are the current skin tones offered officially by FWD:
fuse1.jpg
fuse1.jpg (11.5 KiB) Viewed 623 times
fuse2.jpg
fuse2.jpg (13.44 KiB) Viewed 623 times
fuse3.jpg
fuse3.jpg (12.61 KiB) Viewed 623 times
From what I understand, FWD is currently utilizing Aibei's facility to create their unique dolls. But do not confuse them with Aibeis dolls as they are not the same. Here is what I pulled from online regarding the skin tones offered by Aibei:
Screenshot (60).png
Screenshot (60).png (180.22 KiB) Viewed 601 times
Here is a color chart for WM Dolls:
wm doll skin colour (1).PNG
wm doll skin colour (1).PNG (262.22 KiB) Viewed 623 times
From speaking with FWD briefly they felt that their #2 might closest match medium by WMD. Of course we always have the factor that each batch of TPE varies. This is such a shame as Medium may not be the same thing twice if from different batches of TPE mix. But getting close is far more acceptable the being an entire shade off the mark. Her are some images of My Ladies Kathryn and Killashanda, Fair Skin and Medium Skin, under different lighting and w/wo flash as an example.
20220505_054208.jpeg
20220505_054208.jpeg (1.92 MiB) Viewed 623 times
20220505_054647.jpeg
20220505_054647.jpeg (4.1 MiB) Viewed 623 times
20220505_054652.jpeg
20220505_054652.jpeg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 623 times
From speaking with Ragnar66, it sounds like there are other skin tone options you can ask for. Just not currently shown available on their website. Keep up the great work FunWest! Here's to a great and exciting future!
Edit: I have added the other skin tones from Aibei that might be an option from FWD due to FWD using Aibeis facility at the moment to create their unique dolls. Also added that FWD and Aibei Dolls are NOT the same.
The Lovely (no longer) Lost Ladies Household:
Kathryn - WM168E, #200 & #233, TPE Fair
Killashandra - WM157B, #56 & #273, TPE Lt Tan
Kagami - Sinodoll 158B, Sakae, Prm Slcn Ntrl
Kelly - Starpery 156G, Kelly S.S., TPE Ntrl w/ W.R.
KJ (Kira Jenn) - Ainidoll E, Jennifer, Soft TPE Tan
Kyonyū - HR158M, #41, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Kaeda - SE#21 Elf Head, TPE Lt Tan
Kaylee - WM163H, #179, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Klawdia - EB148L, EB-ZHB001, Silica Gel, Ntrl

Funwest Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Re: FWD Skin Tone matching to other Brands

Post by Funwest Doll »

Excellent post. The issue of skin color matching is a problem for many people. Hope you all can find the answer under this thread, or at least save some energy and time.
Also, I would like to state that Funwestdoll is different from Aibei, and our products will be different. If you are interested in the product, it is best to contact the customer service staff. Make sure nothing goes wrong.
Thanks PetDlr for the great work.
FUNWEST DOLL products are created for fun, made to be super realistic, cuddled to fulfill your fantasy.
www.funwestdoll.com

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

So this is the color issue I got to deal with. IronTech body with "Tan" and FWD head with "Light Tan". Left is original shot and right color corrected in GIMP by visual estimate. Only way to get decent results for photoshooting (post processing). But it´s lots of work. And pic below is rather simple task. Another reason to go green screen more sooner than later.

@FWD: please correct me if it´s not light tan (Aibei) as ordered, but something else instead :?:

Elise_IT-Tan_to_FWD-Tan.jpg
Elise_IT-Tan_to_FWD-Tan.jpg (572.43 KiB) Viewed 547 times

PetDlr
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by PetDlr »

Sinodoll Skin Tone Chart to compare with others:
Sinodoll Skin Tone Chart.jpeg
Sinodoll Skin Tone Chart.jpeg (38.81 KiB) Viewed 491 times
The Lovely (no longer) Lost Ladies Household:
Kathryn - WM168E, #200 & #233, TPE Fair
Killashandra - WM157B, #56 & #273, TPE Lt Tan
Kagami - Sinodoll 158B, Sakae, Prm Slcn Ntrl
Kelly - Starpery 156G, Kelly S.S., TPE Ntrl w/ W.R.
KJ (Kira Jenn) - Ainidoll E, Jennifer, Soft TPE Tan
Kyonyū - HR158M, #41, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Kaeda - SE#21 Elf Head, TPE Lt Tan
Kaylee - WM163H, #179, Soft TPE Lt Tan
Klawdia - EB148L, EB-ZHB001, Silica Gel, Ntrl

Bluedog
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bluedog »

Several vendors' sites seem to suggest that Aibei and Funwest share the same skin color options. Is this correct for current production (in and/or by the Aibei factory?) and is this expected to continue or is Funwest planning to develop their own distinct line of skin tones? If the skin tones were to remain the same between both manufacturers, it would really increase the versatility of their dolls, as one could switch heads between brands (Funwest & Aibei head offerings are NOT the same!) and have little to worry about in the way of color-matching, other than TPE batch-to-batch inconsistency.
Blonde, brunette redhead?
Brunette
Slim, athletic, voluptuous?
Athletic.
Demure, aggressive, sleazy? Be honest.
Sleazy ...
Demure

INFORMATIONS