Starpery.com

WIGS are driving me NUTS! wont stay on during fun.. Bald-Beauty Buzzkill Help!

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Maxwedge

Re: WIGS are driving me NUTS! wont stay on during fun.. Bald-Beauty Buzzkill Help!

Post by Maxwedge »

I have found that long hair wigs look great, but pull off more easily. I now choose short wigs for all my dolls and they stay on much better during play time. Also positions like missionary are just going to "rub" the doll's wig off on the pillow. Cowgirl or doggy-style will keep the wig on longer, unless you're a hair puller.
Aiko 60
Aiko 63 (×2)
Aiko 82
Dollhouse168 80cm
CLM J55
CLM J58 BBW
CLM J60P
CLM 72cm BBW Maria
CLM 100cm D cup Una Kane (w/ Una Carha head)
WM 039 Head
WM 355 Elf Head
WM 432 Head w/ ROS option (disappointing)
WM 100cm D cup Carmelita
WM M cup Torso
Piperdoll 75cm Ariel Torso
Piperdoll 75cm Akira Torso
Piperdoll 80cm Phoebe Elf TPE
Piperdoll 100cm Iris
MRL Torso (small w/penetratable nipples)
MF Easy Move Eyes

Papasmurf1142
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: WIGS are driving me NUTS! wont stay on during fun.. Bald-Beauty Buzzkill Help!

Post by Papasmurf1142 »

I don’t even bother with the wig most of the time.. late at night, in a dark bedroom, it’s not going to matter for me..but for photos, day time home chores, and just hanging out, it’s on..

Rotgut_the_bloated

Post by Rotgut_the_bloated »

I used super glue to keep the wig on her, and it worked for some time. Now it got off so il glue it again when im done with cleaning. I applied tiny amount of glue so its not permanently there

soonpk
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by soonpk »

Dreamlover Wig Grip band works great. Not sure why it works but it just does. Found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Dreamlover-Elast ... 169&sr=8-6
My Doll Photo Thread: viewtopic.php?t=162724 Check it out

Hara-Surya

Post by Hara-Surya »

Binky wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:48 pm 3" Galvanized nail.
That made me think about how my grandfather used "sixteen penny" nails for everything wodworking. The funniest part of that is that he was a professional machinist for DuPont in the 1950s-70s who had patents for things he'd helped invent and could do really precise work, but when you needed to nail a piece of wood to a piece of wood it was always a sixteen penny nail.

parapadarapa

Post by parapadarapa »

Binky wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:13 am You could always go... you know. Headless.
Cute.
Who is she?

On-Topic:
I've made the experience that more expensive wigs tend to hold better. So for me it was just a matter of price.
no kink-shaming

ricardoqdq

Post by ricardoqdq »

Maxwedge wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:13 pm I have found that long hair wigs look great, but pull off more easily. I now choose short wigs for all my dolls and they stay on much better during play time. Also positions like missionary are just going to "rub" the doll's wig off on the pillow. Cowgirl or doggy-style will keep the wig on longer, unless you're a hair puller.
Yeah, I also typically go with wigs that stop above the shoulder, just for ease of use. I've found that with wigs, you really get what you pay for, like Parapadarapa said above. Real human hair front lace wigs seem to work really well on my dolls, and they shed way less and don't get frizzy as easily. They seem to stay on really well too. I also have found success with Piper Doll wigs. They are just very basic and simple, and they really stay on the head.
CJ - - - Gabi - - - Kaci

ZONE-D

Serenelife
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Serenelife »

soonpk wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:27 pm Dreamlover Wig Grip band works great. Not sure why it works but it just does. Found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Dreamlover-Elast ... 169&sr=8-6
Thanks, I'll give that a try. My girl has human hair wigs that normally stay on well, except cow girl head way back.

Rotgut_the_bloated

Post by Rotgut_the_bloated »

Guys i found a perfect solution! Works all the time! I have long wig and it never falls off even during rough sessions!

Just connect wig to head using pins! I used 6 pins, largest ones i could find. Its a bit of a hassle to put it, but it works amazing

GotDolls

Post by GotDolls »

Chin straps for hats are another option for holding wigs on.

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

I am using Pattex basic contact glue during the doll shootings (with a camera.. haha..). It wont't harm a doll, flexible and easily removable :)

Kyahenka

Post by Kyahenka »

My Doll wigs don't come off....but i have broken a doll's neck yanking on her pony tail.

I use Human hair HD Lace wigs....

and

GOT 2 B Wig Glue
I set the lace forehead portion with 3 layers of Glue in about a one inch strip on the forehead using a fine tooth comb to scracth the lace into the clue

When the glue sets i fold the wig over the face

then i spray the wig cap with water.... it allows the glue to bond better.
glue the rest of the lace portin of the wig cap 3 layers of Got 2b Glue
fold back over doll head glueing and scratching in the lace keeping the roots wet with a spray bottle scratch it in yes glue will get in the roots its what you want
let it dry
I triple coat the reast of the scalp alowing the first two layers to dry
i apply the third layer and fit the wig over the head.
i put forehead sweat bands 6 of then around the head to hold the wig cap in contact with the scalp of the head.
and let it dry for a day.
GOT 2 B is also a water based styling gell so if it gets in the roots and in the hair its even better..stronger hold
after its dry for a day i then comb it out.

setevoltas
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by setevoltas »

Interesting. I've never used glues. Might have to try it sometime.
Sete's Gatas
Instagram - @setesartphotography

INFORMATIONS