Starpery.com

How do I repaint my doll lips or make them last longer?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Siemensc65
Apprentice
Apprentice

How do I repaint my doll lips or make them last longer?

Post by Siemensc65 »

Hi everyone. Greetings from Spain.

A few days ago I was able to unbox and test my first ever doll. She is a SE Doll 150cm Samantha elf. I already noticed her lips colours starting to fade off a little. Apparently I like kissing her too much. How could I resist such a lovely face and purple eyes? :D

What is the best way to restore/repaint her lips? Any way to make them last longer?

Thank you very much in advance.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: How do I repaint my doll lips or make them last longer?

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Siemensc65 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 11:19 am Hi everyone. Greetings from Spain.

A few days ago I was able to unbox and test my first ever doll. She is a SE Doll 150cm Samantha elf. I already noticed her lips colours starting to fade off a little. Apparently I like kissing her too much. How could I resist such a lovely face and purple eyes? :D

What is the best way to restore/repaint her lips? Any way to make them last longer?

Thank you very much in advance.
Welcome and Merry XMas. 8)
I can´t say if it´s the "best" way for TPE, but it works perfectly well for me since I started using it. Pressed eye shadow make-up powder with appropriate set of brushes. Best if the set included a high quality 1mm brush for outer lip lines. It holds very long if not touched, but of course got to be redone if kissing is among preferences. But this helps developing on skills for lip make up application. Practice. You might have a look at this mine posting further down: viewtopic.php?p=2227620#p2227620. And don´t touch your TPE doll´s lips with real lipstick or other chemical stuff. You´ll ruin them. Have fun and cheers to spain. :glou:

HGA
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by HGA »

I'm having this same problem too. I'm tempted to try nail polish. Is that a chemical that could damage the TPE?

Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Brunch »

Check this:
"Dyeing Nipples with new colors": viewtopic.php?f=229&t=137425
"Makeup Face makeover": viewtopic.php?f=87&t=139010

The difference between makeup and food powder is that makeup can contain carcinogenic substances (eg. PFAS) and be hormone-disrupting.
Search: "PFAS" in "cosmetics" / "makeup" : https://greensciencepolicy.org/pfas-in-cosmetics/

This question has been asked many times, so there's plenty to find with the search function.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

HGA wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:34 pm I'm having this same problem too. I'm tempted to try nail polish. Is that a chemical that could damage the TPE?
One never quite knows until the sh*t starts happening. I know fairly well how I destroyed my 1st doll when I tried out all the "pro" tips floating around in this forum 3 years ago. Most are still advertised at TDF today. :roll: But even if some chem stuff does not harm a doll or its components, there remains the doll user´s health. Manufacturers say their products is all "safe". Safe for what? :? If putting oils, cleaning products, chartpacs, whatever... on a doll, do I know if it all creates new chemical bounds that might be not so "safe", at least for my own health? Since I stopped using certain chemical stuff on my dolls, I also got rid of some my allergic reactions when touching my doll for longer times. Anyway... the human immune system got to get used to new chemical substances like TPE or silicone and any doll user might experience some irritations, or maybe none at all. If I'm lucky, I'll still be as healthy in 10 to 20 years as I am today. 8) :glou:

Doll Dreamer

Post by Doll Dreamer »

Consider reviewing Mishka Valentine's videos on makeup and repairs.
Mishka is a well respected member of TDF and he is a professional photographer of dolls so he knows what he is talking about, based on years of experience.
Here is an example of his doll makeup tutorials that includes a part on lip coloring.

Good luck!
-- My Gal --
Alexis WM 156cm D / 20. Alexis' Thread || Alexis' Instagram

falimano
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by falimano »

I was wondering what kind of makeup to use so it's safe for hoomans, but thinking about it logically, same one that is used daily would suffice. I mean, if you give a smooch to a makeup wearing person you get it on you anyways and probably won't die.
Obviously, the less chemicals, the better and no oil or alcohol.

Now looking for the best paint for TPE dolls that will last long-ish.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

I'll be following that video in a few days as I'm beginning to realise that whatever they use to add makeup to these dolls at the factory barely lasts a few days! But that's good, I'll be able to make her look precisely the way I want her to look.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Before chartpac is brought up .
DO NOT USE FOR LIPS.
nipples and labia looks great but do not use for face!!

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Socratus wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:31 pm I'll be following that video in a few days as I'm beginning to realise that whatever they use to add makeup to these dolls at the factory barely lasts a few days! But that's good, I'll be able to make her look precisely the way I want her to look.
Exactly. In case you want trying something different (or unique) on a doll head you´re then free to do so. You can also very effectively remove factory make up with Coeros TPE cleaner. https://www.coeros.com/product/sex-doll-cleanser/ It´s not cheap but can be used very sparingly, the more if it´s just small facial areas like lips or around the eyes. And nipples of course. It also helps on small stained areas a lot. :glou:

hieligekoe

Post by hieligekoe »

Anastasia wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:49 am Before chartpac is brought up .
DO NOT USE FOR LIPS.
I'm glad you pointed this out. I was going use chartpac markers since they worked well for nipples. Would you be able to elaborate? What is the difference between using chartpac markers on the lips that on the body? What happens if you use it on the lips?
My dolls:
Genevieve / Delilah - WM 140D: viewtopic.php?t=166375
Kailani / Maria - WM 164J: viewtopic.php?t=177461
Emily / Lisa - SE Doll 157H: viewtopic.php?t=177463

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

hieligekoe wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:36 pm
Anastasia wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:49 am Before chartpac is brought up .
DO NOT USE FOR LIPS.
I'm glad you pointed this out. I was going use chartpac markers since they worked well for nipples. Would you be able to elaborate? What is the difference between using chartpac markers on the lips that on the body? What happens if you use it on the lips?
Hope you don´t suck these. (Chartpak SAFETY DATA SHEET) https://www.dick-blick.com/msds/DBH_SDS_21303XXXX.pdf

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Chartpak. Definitely not for kissing
Siemensc65, if you're really into kissing gorgeous lips, then touching up the color with human safe products is the only option available at present :)

Rotgut_the_bloated

Post by Rotgut_the_bloated »

I use permanent marker, but even that bleaches over time. So i guess im consuming a permanent marker ink slowly. I hope its not too bad? Il post here if i get cancer in few or 10 years

INFORMATIONS