XYcolo.net

JOINT ADJUSTMENTS ON A SILICONE DOLL: AN INTERVENTION REPORT

XYcolo is committed to the research, development and production of high-end synthetic humans. Our motto is to provide you a "Spiritually Infused Customized Companion". So we use state of the art skeleton technology, including fingers with bones and joints and use high quality silicone, not TPE. To perfect everyone's dream, we pursue the ultimate quality, hence each companion is customized by a professional makeup artist to ensure that it gets its own soul. Website: xycolo.net

Moderator: jiayi

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: JOINT ADJUSTMENTS ON A SILICONE DOLL: AN INTERVENTION REPORT

Post by Vicvic »

I'm updating the subject to say that I've had to perform a second operation, this time limited to the dorsal joints.

For the record, during the first operation last August, I tightened the two hip joints and two back joints, 1 and 2 in the following photo:

Joint 3 was not visible, as the incision was too high. This is a clear indication that the markings on the photo, on which I based the incision, are not sufficiently precise and should be disregarded. On the other hand, joints 1 and 2 (especially 2) had to be tightened, which led to a clear improvement. Static tests, repeated several times, with arms stretched forward were OK: the body no longer tended to bend spontaneously forward.

It was only after Geena had been standing up for several days without any problem, then sitting down, standing up again without any problem, and two sessions of changing clothes, again without any problem, that on the last occasion I felt that the back was supple again... So I thought that joint 2 must have loosened up again. But no, it's joint 3 that seems to be at fault.

I don't know for sure why the tests were OK at the 1st operation, but I think that tightening joint 2 tightened up the "spine", and that the extra effort over the two months following the operation loosened up joint 3.

The hips, on the other hand, are perfect after the August tightening.

The practical details of the back operation described in the first post are those adopted for this 2nd operation. There will therefore be no detailed description here.

The points to bear in mind are as follows:

- The incision is made over the old scar extending it downwards by 4cm, making a total length of 13cm :

- Joint control 2. Limited additional tightening (a quarter turn of the wrench).
A priori there was no further loosening of this joint, which was feared at the outset;

- Check joint 1, which had been checked during the 1st operation: tightening ok;

- By performing dorsal flexion movements while looking at and palpating the skeleton in the wound, we can clearly see that joint 3 is not tight enough;

- For joints 1 and 2, I can confirm that 13 mm wrenches should be used. You can only tighten on one side, that of the nut. On the other hand, joint 3 requires 16mm ring spanner, and you need two, as the opposite side turns when tightening one side;

- With the two wrenches in place (eye side) on joint 3 :

You need to apply a lot of pressure to the wrenches. This joint is really hard. I had to push as hard as I could and it wasn't enough. I had to finish by putting the doll forward on the bed, to get a better grip:

I had to finish clamping with a hammer! You have to clamp on both sides, alternately blocking one side and then the other. I did it first in this position, then after putting the doll back on the dollstand.

The tests carried out on and off the dollstand show that the tightening of the dorsal joints obtained is correct, i.e. firmer than that of the hips. I'm afraid, however, that this joint is unstable and tends to loosen up again over time.
This is why I would again recommend, for any body presenting the double problem of too-tight hips and too-soft back, to intervene also, and beforehand, on the hips to loosen them.

Gluing and wound closure were carried out in the same way as for the first operation.

The scar after bandage removal:

A small incision can be seen on the right, caused by the scissors used to cut the bandage. Mine are too sharp. It's better to use round-tipped scissors.

Today's tests show that Geena's back is quite stable. Convalescence should be short-lived!

Not having the means to modify my first post, I hope that the subject will be read up to this complementary post by those possibly interested, so that they can carry out all three operations (2 hips + 3 back joints) in the same operating time.

I will, of course, keep you informed of the post-operative progress should I find anything of interest.
Xycolo dolls :
Hadaly : viewtopic.php?f=525&t=145037
Yumi :viewtopic.php?f=525&t=149127
Cindy :viewtopic.php?t=164358
Geena : viewtopic.php?t=173044

Victor's Mini-Dolls : viewtopic.php?f=64&t=148602

We are happier by the passion we have than by the one we give
François de La Rochefoucauld

Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Coeros »

Congratulations on a job well done. I have to subscribe to this topic.
A one-stop shop improving the customer experience by offering a complete range of sex doll accessories.

Our website: https://www.coeros.com/

E-mail: service@coeros.com

Follow Coeros On: Youtube| Twitter | Reddit | Instagram

You can find related products on the official website, and related tutorials can be found in YouTube and TDF.

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Vicvic »

Coeros wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:19 pm Congratulations on a job well done. I have to subscribe to this topic.
Thank you very much! :D
Xycolo dolls :

Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Coeros »

Vicvic wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:44 am
Coeros wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:19 pm Congratulations on a job well done. I have to subscribe to this topic.
Thank you very much! :D
You are a doll expert and I look forward to many more masterpieces from you! :multi:

Best Wishes.
Coeros
A one-stop shop improving the customer experience by offering a complete range of sex doll accessories.

You can find related products on the official website, and related tutorials can be found in YouTube and TDF.

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Vicvic »

Coeros wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:37 am You are a doll expert and I look forward to many more masterpieces from you! :multi:
Best Wishes.
Coeros
That's very kind of you, thank you very much! But I'm just a passionate amateur... And I'm learning every day! :D
The COEROS materials, dual fonction stand and electric dollstand have been very useful to me. :thumbs_up:
Xycolo dolls :

Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Coeros »

Vicvic wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:22 pm
Coeros wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:37 am You are a doll expert and I look forward to many more masterpieces from you! :multi:
Best Wishes.
Coeros
That's very kind of you, thank you very much! But I'm just a passionate amateur... And I'm learning every day! :D
The COEROS materials, dual fonction stand and electric dollstand have been very useful to me. :thumbs_up:
Thank you for your encouragement!
I've also gradually learned a lot about dolls starting as an amateur enthusiast. I hope we can exchange and learn from each other in the future!
:glou: :glou: :glou:

ricardoqdq

Post by ricardoqdq »

Thanks Vicvic for all this, it is really invaluable information but I hope I never have to use it on my XYc! Same goes for the deflated breast fix thread you created! :glou:
CJ - - - Gabi - - - Kaci

ZONE-D

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Vicvic »

ricardoqdq wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 8:31 pm Thanks Vicvic for all this, it is really invaluable information but I hope I never have to use it on my XYc! Same goes for the deflated breast fix thread you created! :glou:
Thank you very much for your kind words.
As far as the hip and back problems are concerned, they were due to too much tension in the hips at the factory. I think Xycolo has now corrected this problem. On my other three bodies, I've had no problems so far.
As far as the breasts are concerned, this is the same 163 cm SB OS body. Re-inflation with the liquid silicone supplied by Xycolo has been very effective. But I have to say that the breasts on the new 2nd 163 cm SB OS bodysuit are starting to deform. I think this is a fault of this bodysuit.
The 153cm SB OS body can also deform, but it's less visible. I inflated Yumi's breasts... with half a syringe of silicone!
On the other hand, the breasts of the 153cm LB OS body, which are considerably larger, have not been deformed to date.
I think your Kaci's body (I've just subscribed to her thread! :thumbs_up: ) is of a similar type, so you shouldn't have any problems.
:glou:

PS-These are just objective personal observations, limited to my dolls.
Xycolo dolls :

ricardoqdq

Post by ricardoqdq »

Vicvic wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:15 am
Thank you very much for your kind words.
As far as the hip and back problems are concerned, they were due to too much tension in the hips at the factory. I think Xycolo has now corrected this problem. On my other three bodies, I've had no problems so far.
As far as the breasts are concerned, this is the same 163 cm SB OS body. Re-inflation with the liquid silicone supplied by Xycolo has been very effective. But I have to say that the breasts on the new 2nd 163 cm SB OS bodysuit are starting to deform. I think this is a fault of this bodysuit.
The 153cm SB OS body can also deform, but it's less visible. I inflated Yumi's breasts... with half a syringe of silicone!
On the other hand, the breasts of the 153cm LB OS body, which are considerably larger, have not been deformed to date.
I think your Kaci's body (I've just subscribed to her thread! :thumbs_up: ) is of a similar type, so you shouldn't have any problems.
:glou:

PS-These are just objective personal observations, limited to my dolls.
Glad to hear it sounds like XYc has improved the joints -- so far Kaci seems fine in that department. I'm curious to see how the OSP breasts hold up, especially as Kaci's are fairly large, but good to know that your 153 LB's chest has performed better.

And thank you for subbing to Kaci's thread! All of your girls were instrumental in my decision to purchase Kaci and so I thank you for that, because she is my absolute favorite! :glou:
CJ - - - Gabi - - - Kaci

ZONE-D

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Many thanks for the good image of the skeleton.
Nice design and good image.
I like skeletons. :)
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Vicvic »

Wheezer wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:16 pm Many thanks for the good image of the skeleton.
Nice design and good image.
I like skeletons. :)
Cheers!
... W ...
Thank you! :D I'm glad I don't have to look at my doll's skeleton anymore... :whistle: :glou:
Xycolo dolls :

Doll_buddy
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Doll_buddy »

Vicvic wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:24 am
just a guy wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 4:05 pm Great explenation with photos and videos how to fix lose joints! I have to subscribe to this topic if I ever need / want to tighten loose joints :)
Thank you very much! :D I've done the publication work mainly so that other DOs can use it.
Well done. Looks like a pretty complicated repair. How long did it take?

baphometric

Post by baphometric »

Very impressive repair, thank you for sharing!

SxDolled
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by SxDolled »

Woww... just wow 👏
Australian based vendor happy to help navigate your girl directly to your doorstep. Aussie or not, stop by for a chat anytime 😊

Check us out today! I guarantee you won't be disappointed 😀

https://sxdolled.com/
https://sxdolled.com/collections/sex-dolls

E-mail:
info@sxdolled.com

Follow SxDolled On: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Discord

Vicvic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Vicvic »

Doll_buddy wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:36 pm Well done. Looks like a pretty complicated repair. How long did it take?
Thank you very much! I didn't time the procedure, and I did it in several separate stages, but I'd say the whole thing from the initial incision to the final bandage should take about two hours.
Xycolo dolls :

INFORMATIONS