Starpery.com

Hoshi Took a Tumble and broke her fingers-- Tayu 148D

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
hardwiguy

Hoshi Took a Tumble and broke her fingers-- Tayu 148D

Post by hardwiguy »

I was using my aquarium pump to dry out my Tayu 148D Neimei, otherwise known as Hoshi to me. I'd done this countless times, and I never had an issue.. until the other day. I was wearing my headphones and playing a computer game when I heard--and felt-- a thunk!! behind me. Hoshi was balancing on the edge of my bed as usual, with her legs spread eagle for drying. She fell on her ass, with her hands "bracing" the fall (unintentionally of course!).

She's got the Tayu articulated fingers. I saw that most of her body seemed to be okay, but the articulated fingertips popped out of the silicone on her right hand just a bit, with damage to the joints, and her left hand, well, it looks like this.
IMG_6899.jpeg
IMG_6899.jpeg (330.25 KiB) Viewed 291 times
There is a pockmark on her inner wrist, but amazingly it doesn't go all the way through the silicone skin. However, unless I try to do surgery myself, I'm afraid that I permanently screwed up Hoshi's hands, especially the one in the photo. Luckily her head was removed before I started to dry her, which actually might have been contributory to the balance being off and her falling!

I assume at this point that the only way I could even attempt to fix her would be to "skin" her hands and wrists. It's a sad day!

Nirodha
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Hoshi Took a Tumble and broke her fingers-- Tayu 148D

Post by Nirodha »

Oh I'm really sorry that happened to you.
At first glance, it doesn't look so bad.
You can see the spot on the wrist and on individual fingertips,
but at least from the photo you don't have any finger pokes, except maybe the thumb.
And nothing seems broken either. Maybe you should first try to put her fingers back in their original position
and then use gentle movements to bring the "skeleton" back to its original position.
Afterwards you may have to see whether there really is something that needs to be repaired or whether the silicone returns to its original shape.

joshwashie
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by joshwashie »

Oh no!

Taeyeon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Taeyeon »

Hello hardwiguy,

it is sad! I wish Hoshi feels better soon ;_;
Yes, I would also try give massaging to area and move fingers back.

TaeYeon
(。ᵔᵔ。) SooYoung's pages (DS/Ex-lite/Sino T158) and album

사랑은 그저 사랑이다. 절대 설명 될 수 없다.
Love is just love. It can never be explained.

hardwiguy

Post by hardwiguy »

Nirodha wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:51 pm Oh I'm really sorry that happened to you.
At first glance, it doesn't look so bad.
You can see the spot on the wrist and on individual fingertips,
but at least from the photo you don't have any finger pokes, except maybe the thumb.
And nothing seems broken either. Maybe you should first try to put her fingers back in their original position
and then use gentle movements to bring the "skeleton" back to its original position.
Afterwards you may have to see whether there really is something that needs to be repaired or whether the silicone returns to its original shape.
I can make a video but I'm not sure where to upload it so folks can see it here. The fingers are definitely broken, or at least the joints seem to be. I can try to do what you suggest, but I can feel that the skeleton of her hands is in weird places. For example, I can't move the last joint nearest to the fingernails on any of her fingers or thumbs anymore.

hardwiguy

Post by hardwiguy »

Taeyeon wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:55 pm Hello hardwiguy,

it is sad! I wish Hoshi feels better soon ;_;
Yes, I would also try give massaging to area and move fingers back.

TaeYeon
I will give this a try-- the first time I tried to feel "inside" the silicone over the hands, i could feel the joints didn't move in the right way.

ricardoqdq

Post by ricardoqdq »

Sorry to hear this. Same thing happened to my 148d, although in my case she fell on her head and the head itself was damaged, but luckily not the doll body. It is actually a drawback of the lighter dolls, as they don't have enough weight to really sit into the bed and stay put. At least it's just her hands, although I know it's a terrible feeling when anything gets damaged! Best of luck.
CJ - - - Gabi - - - Kaci

ZONE-D

Cameramike
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Cameramike »

Sorry to here this happen… you might try a bright light and see if you can see the skeleton through the silicone. Too bad there isn’t a X-ray machine. Otherwise your stuck with the feel method. But it looks like the main hand plate is intact. Just move slowly. You can feel her other hand and try to feel the difference. Let us know how it goes.

hardwiguy

Post by hardwiguy »

Update for the thread-- I wasn't able to really do anything of value to fix Hoshi's hands. I'm going to just sigh and live with it. Thanks in any case!

INFORMATIONS