funwestdoll.com

Funwest competition win - Adele Head - by Brunch

Funwest Doll Products are created for fun, made to be super realistic, cuddled to fulfill your fantasy. As a manufacturer, Funwest Doll is dedicated to working with doll resellers as a wholesale supplier. We welcome and keep exploring the partnership with the local resellers worldwide. Website: http://www.funwestdoll.com
Brunch
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Funwest competition win - Adele Head - by Brunch

Post by Brunch »

Funwest Doll wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:05 pm Thank you for your comprehensive and detailed comments and suggestions.
The skin texture of this head is designed like this, it is not damaged during transportation, this is actually reflected in the factory picture, please rest assured. We want to try our best to imitate human skin, but it doesn't seem to make everyone like it, and I would like to know your opinion on this skin texture. We will keep improving.
[...]
Thanks, Funwest! Okay, so now it's settled! Now that we know, I totally agree with Ragnar66 - Let customers know about it before ordering! So they know what they can expect to receive. Since this is something completely new that haven't been seen before, people don't know what it's all about. And people tend to get suspicious at first when they see something unknown. Please tell about it on your website, thank you!
-Ragnar66- wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:29 am 1. Mention skin texture for heads concerned on you website. (maybe add some more close up pic for these heads in promoes) [...]
__

Now that we all know this is intended, of course, it's easier to applaud and give compliments to. Who would have known you had us tricked a bit here... :whistle:
Funwest Doll wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:05 pm [...] ...and I would like to know your opinion on this skin texture. [...]
Well, I want to be completely honest with you and therefore I have to join the enthusiasm and applaud this feature (otherwise I have no problem being extremely critical). I'm actually already thinking that this is probably better than completely smooth skin. So congratulations on that and keep up the good work with the innovation. Hereby approved! (and I've turned) :mrgreen:
__

Next thing to ask is whether this would be an optional or selectable feature?
Is it sculptured inside the mold or is it done doing the casting process by eg. some kind of treatment?
Can it be selected for a whole body to have this skin texture? Or is it depending on the mold?
How do you determine which heads to have this texture? Some have it, some don't?
Will you inform us which heads have this skin texture and which don't?

Thanks again :glou:

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Brunch wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:13 am
-Ragnar66- wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:29 am 1. Mention skin texture for heads concerned on you website. (maybe add some more close up pic for these heads in promoes) [...]
__

Now that we all know this is intended, of course, it's easier to applaud and give compliments to. Who would have known you had us tricked a bit here... :whistle:
What, me? 8O :mrgreen: If Elise had that same texture I wouldn´t have started on some wild theories. :lol: But nice surprise as said. 8) Don´t think I´d selected another head if knowing that beforehand though. :glou:

Funwest Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Funwest Doll »

Brunch wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:13 am
Funwest Doll wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:05 pm Thank you for your comprehensive and detailed comments and suggestions.
The skin texture of this head is designed like this, it is not damaged during transportation, this is actually reflected in the factory picture, please rest assured. We want to try our best to imitate human skin, but it doesn't seem to make everyone like it, and I would like to know your opinion on this skin texture. We will keep improving.
[...]
Thanks, Funwest! Okay, so now it's settled! Now that we know, I totally agree with Ragnar66 - Let customers know about it before ordering! So they know what they can expect to receive. Since this is something completely new that haven't been seen before, people don't know what it's all about. And people tend to get suspicious at first when they see something unknown. Please tell about it on your website, thank you!
__

Funwest Doll wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:05 pm [...] ...and I would like to know your opinion on this skin texture. [...]
Well, I want to be completely honest with you and therefore I have to join the enthusiasm and applaud this feature (otherwise I have no problem being extremely critical). I'm actually already thinking that this is probably better than completely smooth skin. So congratulations on that and keep up the good work with the innovation. Hereby approved! (and I've turned) :mrgreen:
__

Next thing to ask is whether this would be an optional or selectable feature?
Is it sculptured inside the mold or is it done doing the casting process by eg. some kind of treatment?
Can it be selected for a whole body to have this skin texture? Or is it depending on the mold?
How do you determine which heads to have this texture? Some have it, some don't?
Will you inform us which heads have this skin texture and which don't?

Thanks again :glou:
This one is made by mold and we tried it on a few products. Currently, this isn't an optional feature, but we'll make adjustments to bring this skin choice to your attention. We did overlook this before.
For the body, we have plans to make textures, but we haven't done it yet. The skin texture of the body needs to be more delicate. More precise molds are required.
At present, this texture is applied to the face of some western cowgirls, and after the wind and sun, the skin is slightly rough but healthy. Of course, the specific can be consulted when purchasing the product.
This is a start, and we will mark this detail on each product in the future.
Thanks again for your suggestion. :glou:
FUNWEST DOLL products are created for fun, made to be super realistic, cuddled to fulfill your fantasy.
www.funwestdoll.com

TChris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by TChris »

Brunch wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:01 pm

Then I start studying it more closely and the first thing I notice is the texture of the facial skin. It looks really strange (at close-up). It is difficult to describe in words, but the skin is very "nubbed", like skin after acid intake or old dry breaking TPE. I have no idea whether it is meant to look like this? Maybe to imitate real skin? Or is it a bad production? I have several other TPE heads but have never seen such a texture before. Maybe it gets less sticky that way and holds on to powder better, I have no idea? Check out the pictures and judge for yourself and also see the close-up footage in the video. I leave the question open...
I see what they were doing, but I think TPE isn't a good material for it. Almost looks like acne scarring, or maybe someone who is having an allergic reaction/break out. My silicone doll has a texture, but it is much more fine and natural.

Ztar073
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Ztar073 »

I kinda like this right around the eyes but elsewhere it is too intense in its current form.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Think since no one actually noticed it on the promo shootings it fairly much depends on the way of photo shooting IMO. You really got to zoom in 3-400% here. (in browser open pic in new tab then CTRL +)

Funwest Doll wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:17 pm

This one is made by mold and we tried it on a few products. Currently, this isn't an optional feature, but we'll make adjustments to bring this skin choice to your attention. We did overlook this before.
For the body, we have plans to make textures, but we haven't done it yet. The skin texture of the body needs to be more delicate. More precise molds are required.
At present, this texture is applied to the face of some western cowgirls, and after the wind and sun, the skin is slightly rough but healthy. Of course, the specific can be consulted when purchasing the product.
This is a start, and we will mark this detail on each product in the future.
Thanks again for your suggestion. :glou:

I like the idea and re body texture it´s worth a try at least. You proofed that it´s possible on TPE and also looks realistic. Just depends on each ones personal aesthetics and photo shooting preferences. As said.... nice surprise and well done! 8) :glou:

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

The skin texture would be imitation of skinpores on human skin. We all have them and I think this brings alot of realism into the head and is very welcome feature!
If one pays close attention to skin there's still 2 other things there and those would be hair and little pimples which I don't know what they are, but I don't refer to like acne pimples.

Here's 4k video of human skin for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWl_juPMXPE
Review of my Vanessa BBW Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=177349
Review of my Monica Hentai Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=169345
Review of my Elsa Babe 160cm L-cup - viewtopic.php?t=172708

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
Where to buy doll clothes
After honeymoon

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

just a guy wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 6:18 pm The skin texture would be imitation of skinpores on human skin. We all have them and I think this brings alot of realism into the head and is very welcome feature!
If one pays close attention to skin there's still 2 other things there and those would be hair and little pimples which I don't know what they are, but I don't refer to like acne pimples.

Here's 4k video of human skin for reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWl_juPMXPE
Yes, it´s those little (natural) imperfections and asymmetries that make real and beautiful looking faces. 8) But it seems in certain parts of the world and cultures there is different beauty aesthetics. Thus the majority of dolls keep looking like... dolls, if it´s what a majority of customers want. It´s said that TPE has limitations on what micro details (pores) can be added, but FunWest proved that it´s doable. At least a certain amount and details. No idea if latest FWD heads offer similar features, but it doesn´t seem so.

bbc3
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by bbc3 »

Congrats on winning the prize! The texture does look like natural skin pores. I would not have considered it a defect, but rather an interesting new feature as neither my TPE nor silicone heads have it.

INFORMATIONS